Office 2016 Crashes when GPUs change.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Traverse, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

I just wanted to see if this is a general problem with the current versions of Microsoft Office for Mac 2016.

I have a 15" rMBP. When I use it as a laptop it runs on the iGPU. When I get home I dock it to a few monitors and other peripherals and it switches to the dGPU. Word and Excel are randomly crashing each time the GPU switches. I'd say about 70% of the time. Have any other users experienced this?

I have to say that Office:2016 is a huge disappointment. I was okay with Office:2011 and it rarely crashed on me. Office:2016 has been lagging and crashing so much that I've started just using the Windows version through VMWare.

2. MasterHowl macrumors 65816

MasterHowl

I uninstalled MS Office 2016 for similar reasons. Without a doubt the most unstable piece of software I've ever used in my 6 years as a Mac user. Random hangs, crashes, and beachballs all the time.

My advice would be to log back into your 365 account, download the 2011 version (which you can do for a few more weeks), and reinstall it. Hopefully in a few months they'll have ironed out the major bugs.

3. Traverse thread starter macrumors 603

Traverse

Thanks and I agree. I've had it crash numerous times a day, freeze, and I get random errors when copy and pasting data from the web. 5 years and this is what they come out with. Bleh.

4. MasterHowl macrumors 65816

MasterHowl

I really hope that they sort out the bugs soon. In terms of UI, it's 1000x better than the previous version.