Office 2016 updater woes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by eicca, Feb 20, 2016.

1. eicca macrumors 6502

eicca

Anyone else having serious issues? It always hangs on the "Installing" part, every single time. Not once since installing Office 2016 has the built-in updater worked, I always have to go to MS website and download the entire freaking 1GB package.

2. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

Same here. Not sure why, except I can usually use just the individual app "update" pkg's alone (forgot where I found those) to get it done, but not the built in MS updater. Just hangs.

3. MacGizmo macrumors 65816

MacGizmo

I'm guessing you right-clicked (control+click) on the Updater app and opened the package folder and found the actual executable app file and opened it from there. I've had that work with other apps where the main app wrapper caused issues.

4. sniffs macrumors regular

sniffs

I had just posted this exact issue on another thread I created. It'll hang on "Verifying" and then error out.. or it'll just error out immediately. Installing the standalone pkg's works.. but why does this fail on my 2015 MBPR but the updater works perfectly fine on my 2012 MBP?!? it's frustrating!

When it fails, I get the popup "An unexpected error occurred. These applications were not updated: Microsoft Outlook"