Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kjohansen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 19, 2008
Oregon
I have a Mac Pro 7,1 and had Office 2016 on my old Mac Pro which I liked but could not transfer it to the new Mac Pro.. Well I ended up with Office 365 and it decided not work, Outlook says it cannot connect to the server. I have messaged Microsoft and they have been zero help.

I even bought another copy of Office 2016, but Outlook cannot read the newer database so I am screwed...

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
I have a Mac Pro 7,1 and had Office 2016 on my old Mac Pro which I liked but could not transfer it to the new Mac Pro.. Well I ended up with Office 365 and it decided not work, Outlook says it cannot connect to the server. I have messaged Microsoft and they have been zero help.

I even bought another copy of Office 2016, but Outlook cannot read the newer database so I am screwed...

It's not a Catalina issue as my 365 was perfectly fine connecting on my 2018 MBP with Catalina.

That said, I ended up getting rid of the fat client and have been using the web interface for the last 2 months with great success.

kjohansen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 19, 2008
Oregon
It's not a Catalina issue as my 365 was perfectly fine connecting on my 2018 MBP with Catalina.

That said, I ended up getting rid of the fat client and have been using the web interface for the last 2 months with great success.

I just discovered the issue, it was Eset my virus program. It was causing Office 365 to unable to connect, now it is working fine...

Reactions: Bazza1 and bernuli

jwolf6589

macrumors 601
Dec 15, 2010
Colorado

Office 2019 works beautiful for me in Catalina and I have an older Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.