Office 365: Outlook

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by b00mzx, Sep 16, 2015.

1. b00mzx macrumors newbie

b00mzx

Hi guys and girls,

I don't know much about computers so you'll have to bear with me and I hope this is posted in the right forum!

I have just purchased Microsoft Office 365 University Edition and installed in on my iMac and MBA. It's all set up correctly, and I have set outlook for emails which is working fine on both machines, however I have set events in the calendar but they are not syncing across devices (MBA or iPhone Outlook App), does anyone know why and how to rectify it?

I dont like apple calendar/mail app etc, I want to keep it all Microsoft Office where possible. I've googled it and the most common answer seems to be to move the outlook pst file to Dropbox to solve the issue, except mac's dont have pst files.... Any ideas much appreciated!

2. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

I presumably know nothing about it. However, I have a office 365 enterprise subscription, and I have calendar events created in my calendar. Recently it refuse to sync to my Mac too, for apparently no reason.
    I am not sure if office 365 university have a unique email address just like what enterprise version does.

3. b00mzx thread starter macrumors newbie

b00mzx

Yeah i'm not sure either. I presumed it work just "work" however (and im a little out of my depth here) that it would work if my hotmail accounts were set up under "Microsoft Exchange" as opposed to imap, but it wont allow me to do it... I have an IT bod coming in today on an unexpected visit so i'm going to lynch him to sort it for me.... If he can, I will let you know the results/process.

Edit: Also I have heard about hotmail connectors, but as far as I can see, they are used predominantly with windows computers and the new Office 365 doesn't require them?

4. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Microsoft may have migrated their mail service backend to exchange. However, Microsoft account is not set up using exchange. If I set up my account, I would need to choose exchange option because it is running on Microsoft managed SharePoint server 2013, and exchange server 2013.

If yours are Microsoft account, you will need to set it up as a conventional IMAP account.