Office for Mac '11 out for HUP

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macdaddy10, Dec 9, 2010.

1. macdaddy10 macrumors newbie

Office for Mac is now avalible through the home use program with Microsoft for 9.95.
    You need a valid email address from business that has a relationship with Microsoft to offer the program and a program code from your business. If youre eligible its a pretty slick way to get office for mac for 10 dollars. They also have Office Pro Plus 2010 for Windows for the same price.

2. Stinkypalm macrumors member

Thanks I was waiting for this!!! sweet

3. Frosticus macrumors 6502a

Frosticus

4. Frosticus macrumors 6502a

Frosticus

See attached - £8.95! :D

Attached Files:

• hup.JPG
      hup.JPG
      File size:
      83.5 KB
      Views:
  5. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

Thanks for the heads-up....just ordered and downloaded it.

6. svkrzn, Dec 10, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2010

svkrzn macrumors regular

Mmm what is the site to buy it from?

EDIT: never mind, my company has no relationship with microsoft.

7. Blu-Ray macrumors regular

Has anyone that has already purchased Office 2008 through HUP tried to upgrade to 2011? Do you get a free upgrade as part of the Software Assurrance licensing program or do you have to pay the $9.95 again? Not a big deal if you have to pay... just wondering because free is better. :)

8. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

You have to pay again.....there is no upgrade path

9. mikepro macrumors 6502

Sweet! Just saw this too, and downloading now. I've been missing Excel. Been using Google calc, but it's not the same.

10. bchanged macrumors newbie

I had bought the Windows version (Office Professional 2010) via the HUP a couple months back, and now it seems I'm not allowed to get the deal on Office for Mac.

Does anyone know if there's a way to deal with this? If there's a way, I'd give up my Windows version license for this one. :mad:

11. Bumflake macrumors member

I'm having exact the same troubles and so is a colleague of mine.
    We both sent an e-mail to the HUP support desk (at digitalriver), and their first reaction was that its probably due to the arrangements between our company and Microsoft.
    I highly doubt that since my company is a major IT firm (and Microsoft Partner) that bought about any license available, so I suspect it has something to do with ordering Office 2010 earlier.
    I also noticed that another colleague who switched from PC to Mac earlier this month wasn't able to buy 2008 after he already bought 2010 for his PC before, while I was able to buy 2008 and could buy 2010 when it came out later.
    I've send another e-mail to the support desk stating that it can't be due to the arrangements they mentioned and asking them to look into this again.

I wonder if a lot people are experiencing this same issue. If so I suggest we spam the heck out their support desk. :D

12. Ewan Hoozarmy macrumors regular

Ewan Hoozarmy

Yep I've got exactly the same problem :(

13. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

LOL. I love when people ask for an upgrade path to a piece of software wich is already substantially reduced on the HUP :)

14. someone28624 macrumors 6502a

Same here. It won't let me buy Office 2011 for Mac, saying I've already purchased.

15. cz9h3d macrumors member

Add me to the list too! Went to purchase 2011 for Mac, and it's not allowed since I purchased 2010 for Windows!

The kicker is the only reason I purchased 2010 for Windows is they sent me an email (this after I purchased 2008 for Mac). Since the '08 Mac was so horrible, I thought the Windows version would do until a proper Mac one finally came along.

What a buch of idiots. I sent my opinion (nicely worded, unlike this post) to both Digital River and Microsoft. They are missing out on having happy Mac users finally say something nice about their product. Must be a conspiracy to force me to launch Parallels/Windows and Office 2010.

16. someone28624 macrumors 6502a

I got the same e-mail and thought, "Sure, why not, For $9.95 I'll have office on both computers!" I'm hoping maybe they'll send another e-mail offer.

17. cz9h3d macrumors member

The more we all let Microsoft know what a boneheaded move this is, the better!

I sent my concerns to both Digital River and Microsoft Support.

Also, on Facebook there is an "officeformac" fan page hosted by Microsoft. I suggest everyone write on their wall and let them know how disappointed we are in this policy, and that it makes no sense. Of course you have to "like" OfficeForMac" before you can write on their wall ;)