Office for Mac 2008 Installation Unsuccessful

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by clasy110, Mar 13, 2010.

1. clasy110 macrumors newbie

Recently, I purchased Microsoft Office for Mac: 2008 Home and Student edition from Wal Mart. I have tried to install it and the program install says that installation is successful. After I get through with the install wizard hoopla, and go to click on the Word, Excel, Powerpoint or Entourage icon in the dock it says, "Microsoft Office did not install correctly. To fix this problem you must follow the specific steps to uninstall and re install Office."

Well, I did that, but I still haven't had any luck in it working for me.:eek: ANY SUGGESTIONS????

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

What Mac OS X version do you have?

And what Mac do you use?

You know, this is the Windows on the Mac sub-forum, has Windows anything to do with your problem?
    The question is just for clarification on my side.

3. clasy110 thread starter macrumors newbie

No, I'm not operating under Windows. Sorry for the confusion.

I am using Macbook Pro 10.6.2.

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

I asked a moderator to move your thread to the Mac Applications sub-forum, so don't wonder if it is vanishing from this sub-forum.

Have you tried repairing permissions via Disk utility?

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Try restarting your Mac and then reinstall Office.

6. clasy110 thread starter macrumors newbie

OK & no, I haven't tried to repair permissions via disk utility. I had the trial version installed before and it worked fine.

I did. :/

7. nadyne macrumors 6502a

My first guess is that you ended up with two different versions of Office (the full version and the trial) installed on your computer. So start off by uninstalling Office, then look on your hard drive to see if there's still another version hanging around. Then go in and delete some plist files to trash your product key; instructions for doing that are here.Reboot your computer to make sure that all of your temp files are erased, and then reinstall from your Office DVD.

Regards,
    Nadyne.