Office for Mac 2011 and Productivity

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by qtolkomor, Dec 15, 2010.

1. qtolkomor macrumors newbie

Hi,

I've been happily using my Mac for 9 months now and definitely satisfied with *almost* all its features

I'm stuck with a question - I've been using Entourage for some time and found out that the "Project" feature (a sort of folder to contain everything related to the same project, being it notes, ppt, docs, emails) it's now GONE in Outlook 2011
    I am also finding very difficult to get something similar on the market (à la MacJournal) that could be integrated with Outlook and Office 2011
    Although I'm happy about 2011 and the long awaited new features this lack of "putting everything together" is upsetting me.
    Any suggestions ? I've tried Curio (veeeery expensive) , DevonThink, Yojimbo, MacJournal but none of them are integrated and can act as a single repository for documents, notes, emails divided by projects. Is it because Office 2011 is still in its infancy or because eventually Mac and Microsoft don't go hand in hand when it comes to third party developers ?

thanks a lot

Maurizio

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

3. qtolkomor thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks..but

Thank you for your prompt reply, I'll check back with the FB page of 2011, in the meantime if you have some other suggestions they are more than welcome, CircusPony does not fit my requirements, it's a notetaking apps and not an "aggregator" for Office items (where outlook would be pivotal for what I need)
    best
    Maurizio