Office for Mac 2011 installation problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Antivirus, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Antivirus macrumors newbie

Hello I am having trouble installing Office for Mac 2011 for my Macbook Pro.

I recently installed Office for Mac 2010 30 day trial version and used it for a month until it expired. Once it expired I decided to buy Office 2011 for Mac home and student version. After inserting the disk into my Mac I was able to go through the full installation and it would say installation successful.

Yet whenever I try to open any programs such as Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and Outlook I get an error message that wont allow to use program.

Can anyone help me figure this out??

2. marc11 macrumors 68000

3. Samuriajackon macrumors 6502

Samuriajackon

I found out long ago, like 2001 that if you install full Office stuff for Mac over the Trial crap the MS stuff get's confused(Huge suprise) and doesn't function well, try to uninstall everything, then reinstall just the full version.

4. dianeoforegon macrumors 6502a

dianeoforegon

You can use the CD Key from a retail key on trial for Office 2011.

Download and run this script to remove Office 2011

More info

The script removes older version of Microsoft Office, but it does not remover your Identity folder and your preferences.

5. iDisk macrumors 6502a

iDisk

Better Solution.....

Buy iWork, and say goodbye to that unintuitive software called MS Office... iWork exports docs into Office docs elminating the need for MS Office (aka MS headaches)