Office for Mac 2011 slow to load on 2011 Macbook Air

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sft109, Dec 4, 2011.

1. sft109, Dec 4, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2011

sft109 macrumors newbie

I have a 2011 Macbook Air (base 13-inch model) with OS X Lion 10.7.2 installed (my first mac) and Office for Mac 2011 which is also up to date with the latest updates. My issue is when I open any of the applications (don't use Outlook so I'm talking Word, Excel or Powerpoint here) it will load up the app quickly, lets say within one or two bounces max but occasionally, and I haven't been able to figure out why or under what situations it does this, it will take a good 20 seconds or more to load up any of the apps (the icon keeps bouncing while it seems it is loading up). This doesn't seem right since this device is blazing fast normally.

Is this a documented issue or does it sound like something is amiss here? Anything I can change in settings to fix this? Everything should be stock as I haven't messed with any settings, etc.

No other issues with it otherwise.

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. sft109 thread starter macrumors newbie

Judging by the lack of replies I am guessing this is unique to me? Just now I tried reopening Word and it opened in 44 bounces. Next time I quit and reopen it opens in 1 bounce. When I fully shut down the computer and open it after doing a reboot it usually opens in 1-2 bounces. So this 44 bounce thing is basically after I have quit the app, kept running other stuff, put it to sleep (never shut down) and then the next day open it and it does this. Any ideas?

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

The issue could be related to duplicate fonts. Run font book and check for duplicates and resolve them if necessary. Check if it has solved the issue.