Office For Mac 2011 Uninstalled & Now Fonts Messed Up on Certain Safari Websites

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GordonGekko999, Feb 3, 2017.

1. GordonGekko999, Feb 3, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2017

GordonGekko999 macrumors regular

Just uninstalled office for mac 2011 and now the fonts look different on certain webpages including this one, any solutions? And some of my Word documents won't open in Pages, I get "invalid error", any solutions, thanks.

When I went through the uninstall process via the Microsoft guide, it advised me to delete the Microsoft folder in the Fonts folder but now that I visit that folder, all of the fonts are gone. I have an office for mac 2011 installation disc if I have to reinstall to correct this but I would rather solve this without going through all of that.

UPDATE: OK, one of my Fonts folder is empty but when I go to the Fonts folder clicking through the HD the Apple fonts are all there, however there is no Font Book in Utlities.

OK, now I found Font Book (don't know why it was not in my Utilities section), found Arial/Times New Roman and a few other fonts turned off, turned them back on and this website now looks normal again, I think this has solved everything regarding the fonts issue. Not sure if I'll be able to restore those old Word documents as they might have been created on an ancient version of Word and I should have updated them to 2011 before uninstalling Word and that is why Pages can't open them?

Update 2: I can open the documents in Text Edit so that is all that matters but if anyone here has any insight into the Fonts issue, maybe an additional step I need to take, please post, I still have a couple of fonts like Palatino with "multiple copies of this font are installed" issues, not sure if resolving them will cause additional problems.

2. Bart Kela macrumors 6502a

Bart Kela

I've had no issues in the past using Font Book to resolve multiple copies of the same font. I just did this about a week ago. It's not something I do on a regular basis though, the previous time was probably about three years ago.

Luckily my two Macs have been very light in terms of system administration effort over the years.

I've never installed Microsoft Office on my Macs, so I can't address any conditions caused by that software or your deletion of those applications.

Anyhow, good luck.