Office for Mac 2016 Question

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by c073186, Nov 7, 2015.

1. c073186 macrumors 6502a

I just downloaded Office for Mac 2016... can I pick and choose which applications I want to install? I only want Word, Excel and PowerPoint and have no need for Outlook and OneNote. I don't see any option for this... is it possible?

Thanks

2. Erdbeertorte macrumors demi-goddess

Erdbeertorte

There seems to be no option in the installer. Same with Office 2011. I am also using Word and Excel only and did not find a way to install just those two. I just delete every thing else after installing the whole Office suite. But it's really annoying.

3. c073186 thread starter macrumors 6502a

What's the correct way to uninstall the specific programs you don't want? Just drag the icons to the trash?

4. Erdbeertorte macrumors demi-goddess

Erdbeertorte

Yes I just dragged them into trash, then at least the big files are gone. But there might remain some leftovers in the library.

5. chscag macrumors 68000

Drag the application files to the Trash. And you might also want to do some reading at the Microsoft Mac Office 2016 forums to learn how to get rid of all the extra fonts and language settings Office 2016 installs and are not necessary. Go to this link: Office For Mac You do not have to be a member to read through the forum questions and answers.