Office for Mac and Two E-Mail Accounts

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Fed, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Fed macrumors 6502

This is just a general question regarding Outlook and Exchange. I have no idea which subforum this should be in, so here it goes...

I receive a Windows computer from work which hosts my @work.com e-mail address. On my Mac, I installed Office for Mac which obviously includes Outlook. Since then, whilst at home or in work, I usually favour sending e-mails from my Mac and it's all worked fine thus far.

Though I'm getting worried that maybe I'm creating double the amount of data on the Exchange servers and maybe I should remove it from the Mac? Can anyone offer some insight on this issue? Am I doing something I shouldn't really be?

2. MRU Suspended

MRU

I'm not sure accessing you email (be it hosted on an exchange server or not) from two different sources 'duplicates' the data.

I was under the impression it's the same data and its just viewable on all the devices linked to that server, so if you send email at home you'll be able to see it in sent at work and likewise you can see your inbox on both computers, its not the content being duplicated, its just mutually accessible.

3. Fed thread starter macrumors 6502

I thought as much. A colleague mentioned it in passing and it got me thinking.