Office For Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bleufire, Jun 25, 2007.

1. bleufire macrumors member

Hey, I thought i posted on this forum, don't know what happened...

When i bought my mini from a seller on Ebay, he gave me the CD Key for Office 2004 for Mac, but he didn't send the CD. HE said i can download the demo and install but i can't find the Office Demo anywhere. Can someone help me out? Thanks

2. eddietr macrumors 6502a

I don't know either way if that key he's sending you is legal. I hope he's not using it on another computer.

But FWIW, here is the MS test drive for Office:

Office Test Drive

3. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

But, office test drive is not the full software. You cannot activate the full version with just the key.

If your key is legal, you can borrow someone else's disk and install, or (I think, unless there's copy protection), simply copy their disk.

4. nnick macrumors regular

nnick

Unfortunately the test drive is not able to be turned into a full version. Any office 2004 disc will work provided you don't have an academic key and a retail disc or vice versa.

5. bleufire thread starter macrumors member

He sent me a copy of the cd cover in a pdf with one of the three keys visible and the other two with post it notes on it. I don't know of anyone else with a mac which is the problem also

6. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

He's given you one of the three keys included with the Student and Teacher edition. The licence is for all three, and he is not entitled to split it up. If you paid extra for Office then you can either ask for a refund or the full set including CD and all three keys.

7. KJmoon117 macrumors 6502a

Well I suggest contacting the buyer and if that doesn't work you can either go to PayPal or eBay and tell them you didn't get what you paid for (if you paid extra for the MS Office).

Or you can try and find a person who's willing to lend you the CD and you can install it from that.

But did you pay extra for the MS Office or check if the CD-Key is real or not?

If nothing works and you didn't spend any extra cash for the MS Office you can always buy one here. I found MS Office 2004 (Mac) Professional for 1$ and Student/Teach Edition for 5-20$.