Office For Mac...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pdechavez, Dec 30, 2007.

1. pdechavez macrumors regular

hey people,

i dunno if this has been posted before but i was wondering what the difference between the CAN $199 Student Edition And the $599 Standard Edition? Thnx...

2. seasurfer macrumors 6502a

No different. If you are student go and buy the student version. May be you should come to US to buy if you are not far from the border. It is 149 USD here.

3. pdechavez thread starter macrumors regular

lol, i am in the borderline but am not allowed to leave for 2 years since im a new immigrant.

but yeah, thnx...its weird tho that the student version is waaaaay lower. I mean its good! Do i have to show ID just to buy the student version? I mean, its really weird. Anyone can buy the student version if they want to save cash, ryt?

4. rhyndu macrumors regular

No ID required. Microsoft doesn't really care about the few thousand dollars they've lost on the MBU sales :cool:

5. pdechavez thread starter macrumors regular

i guess so, if i had a choice, i'd use iWork. But Im gonna be doing marketing as a college course and im sure theyre gonna make us use office. But yea, thanx for the help guys. Cheers! ;)

6. nemex macrumors regular

nemex

You may also consider using NeoOffice, is MS Compatible and is free :apple:

7. nadyne macrumors 6502a

The Home and Student edition doesn't include Exchange support (which you only need if you're in a corporate environment that uses Exchange for your email/calendar -- if you don't know what Exchange is, you're probably not using it) and Automator support. The Home/Student edition comes with 3 licenses to use within your household, whereas the standard edition only includes one license.

Regards,
    Nadyne.

8. JPMZamora79 macrumors newbie

Activate my office for mac?

Does anyone know what it costs if anything to activate the office for mav

9. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

As far as I know, you can't activate it. You have to buy a new copy.

10. stockcerts macrumors 65816

I am using NeoOffice and I like it! My IMac isn't used so much for work, and the compatibility issues aren't key for me, however, I did create a few docs in NeoOffice and saved them as Office compatible, and it worked just fine.

11. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

... and you have to uninstall the Test Drive version.

12. rhyndu macrumors regular

Sorry? If you meant office for mac then you cannot activate it - you must buy a new copy.

EDIT: I'm sorry. My responce rings and echoes of what the posters above me said. Sorry! :mad:

13. Surely Guest

Surely

Actually, the new Office 2008 that is coming out this month doesn't have a Student and Teacher version anymore. They've switched it to a Home and Student version, so now you wouldn't need student ID to buy the low-end version.

14. barnetda macrumors regular

I have office 2004 .

I want to get Office 2008 . Should i get the upgrade to 2008 or the new student home version?

Quite a difference in price with the upgrade version $80 more.

Also if i got the new version as against the upgrade will my data transfer easily ?

Many thanks