Office for Macs 2011 and Office Pro 2010

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Murwat, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Murwat macrumors newbie

Does anyone else have the problem of getting office pro 2010 applications word/excell to open documents/spreadsheets etc created in office for mac 2011? I have no trouble getting documents created using office pro 2010 to work on my mac but the other way is driving me nuts.

I have tried saving the documents etc in a .doc format but that will not work either. Can anyone help me, please?

2. simsaladimbamba

How do you transfer the files between Windows and Mac OS X?

3. Murwat thread starter macrumors newbie

I used a usb storage stick. (actually I tried using a couple of different ones to eliminate the chance that was the problem).

I believe the problem is with the office pro machine (running windows 7 ultimate).

4. simsaladimbamba

And you are trying to open the very same file?Have you compared the file size of the two copies (copy on Windows PC and copy on Mac)?

Are you sure you haven't tried to open a file called ".word_document.docx" instead of "word_document.docx"?

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

6. Murwat thread starter macrumors newbie

I think I have found what I was doing wrong

The problem is now sorted.
    I burnt the files to a dvd - no problem.
    I copied the files from the mac to a usb stick - no problem.

BUT - when I save an open file on the mac directly to the usb stick - that's when the problem occurs. It seems to me that when saving an existing file (save as...to a new location) it does not save the entire file to the new location.
    Of course, I could be talking complete garabage as I do not know enough about any of this. However, I now know how to get files from one machine to another without going crazy. :)

A big thank you to those who replied to try and help me out of my dilemma.