Office:Mac v.X

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by slooksterPSV, Jan 10, 2008.

1. slooksterPSV macrumors 68040

slooksterPSV

I recently purchased Office:Mac v.X for a very very low price (less than $5) cause the place I bought it from was having sale and needed to get rid of their software that was taking up shelves and not being purchased. So I purchased it and I'm quite impressed. It runs faster than office 2004 (which I've used at my HS and here at the College). So I'm just wondering how others felt about Office v.X vs Office 2004 - I really haven't noticed any differences at all.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I never felt the need to upgrade, personally. I still use Office X and love it. :)

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Office v.X is file-compatible with Office 97 through Office 2004. From where I sit, the only advantage of Office 2004 over Office v.X is Entourage 2004. Entourage v.X can access Exchange servers only via IMAP which may or may not be enabled. In addition to IMAP, Entourage 2004 can access Exchange servers via Microsoft's proprietary protocols. It is a marginal improvement, but it is an improvement.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

It also brought in an auto-update mechanism but that doesn't seem all that great, either.