Office Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Chuchichan, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Chuchichan macrumors 6502

One of my relatives recently purchased an iMac and they have Office installed on it. Doess Office Mac come on DVD anymore or would I need to download it? How does Microsoft work the license keys now? Would it be possible to install the software on a new MacBook? Thanks...

2. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

You can download Office for Mac 2011, as a trial, from https://www.microsoft.com/mac/trial.

3. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

You can purchase Microsoft Office:mac 2011 at best Buy or most office supply stores like Staples, Office Depot. It can also be downloaded directly from Microsoft's web site.

There is a 30 day trial that is available from Microsoft's website.

Like the Windows versions, the retail package (on DVD) comes in a few flavors, but there are fewer choices.

Home and Student is just Excel, Word and Powerpoint and comes in 1 or 3 computer licenses and sells for less than $200
    Home & Business comes with Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook and comes in 1 or 2 computer licenses and sells at approx $250 or more.

Unlike their Windows counterparts Office:mac does not have OneNote, Publisher, Access, Visio, Project or anything else I may have forgot to mention.

4. dianeoforegon macrumors 6502a

dianeoforegon

The trial can be activated with a retail CD key. Previously, you had to remove the trial and re-install from the CD to use a retail CD key.