Office or Iwork

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MacSIU, Feb 21, 2011.

1. MacSIU macrumors newbie

MacSIU

Hello guys Im a newbie mac user and I love it, my question: can Iwork compete with Office??? I have office in my mac but Im looking for something new, I been using PCs for maybe half of my life.

2. ^^ CoolMacLover macrumors regular

^^ CoolMacLover

You can export iWork files (such as .pages .numbers .keynote) as their respected files. But not everything will stay the same. A lot of Pages and Keynote is the same as Word and Powerpoint, Numbers is slightly different. Having used a PC for half your life as nothing to do with using iWork. :p

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

4. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

iWork is much easier to use than Office for just typing docs or creating good looking documents or presentations. use Office if that is what you are used to and need the compatibility. iWork does read and save to Office formats though.

5. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

You could also try Neo-office.
    Does all I need and it`s free :)

6. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

Personally I use iWork, but have a copy of Office:Mac because of the few things that dont quite work (Some forms for example dont display correctly in iWork) <- This way I get the best of both worlds, I can read everything Im sent, and I can use iWork's much nicer UI.