Office or iWork?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ghsNick, Jul 10, 2011.

1. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Ok...so my cousin has a copy of Office that she said she'd let me have...It's Office '08 for Mac...I need Office for school, but is Office '08 good?

I read reviews on Office '08 and Office '11 for Mac and they weren't that good.

So should I take the free copy of Office '08 or buy Office '11?

Also, I plan on buying the new iWork when it comes out (because I have a feeling it'll be out sooner than later) but I need something to hold me over until then.

2. Swiss-G macrumors 6502a

Swiss-G

Take the free copy or you can try office 2011 for 30 days for free here:

https://www.microsoft.com/mac/trial

Office 2011 is a big improvement on 2008 and provides greater compatibility with Office 2010, which is a major plus for me.

iWork should be due an update soon, could be next week? How else will it run full screen in Lion? Whether or not this is a complete new release or an update for Lion compatability remains to be seen.

3. Young Spade macrumors 68020

I'd take it. What seems to be the problem with the Office programs on Macs? I have Office 2011 and I don't see anything wrong with it.

4. And1ss macrumors 6502a

And1ss

I didn't really like using Office '08 so I switched to iWork, but switched to '11 when it came out. Office is what I primarily use, but for creative work like posters/etc, I use pages.