Office/Outlook 2011 constantly crashes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chefwong, Feb 7, 2011.

1. chefwong macrumors regular

Jan 17, 2008
    Word/Excel 2011 works and hardly ever crashes....
    Outlook 2011 constantly forces me to rebuild/etc. Have created new profiles and still same symptoms. When I launch Outlook, it either rebuilds or loads up, and when I choose to compose a message, it just crashes the app.

Not sure where to proceed on this one...

Anyone ever seen similar symptoms.
    Have done a verify, etc on disk utility and the problems Outlook exhibit still remain the same
  2. zohhh6 macrumors newbie

Feb 9, 2011
    Outlook constantly crashes when trying to move messages from my Inbox to a subfolder on the same account. This is how I organize my messages. If I need to save a message it gets moved to a subfolder that is usually based on the sender of the message. Regardless of what I do, this operation causes Outlook to crash 100% of the time. All updates have been applied.

I wish someone else had a more capable mail program. I have tried to go back to Apple's mail application it is lacking some features that I depend on.
  3. ProfSusan macrumors newbie

Mar 3, 2011
    is there a difference in Crashing using VM in windows

I have Windows and OS X on my Macs. Have you noticed a difference in the crashes if using Office on the Windows platform on your Macs.
    And, is there a difference if you put VM in suspend mode and then go back to OS X to work on something else.

I think the two platforms is a nutty idea, but I have old software I want to use and it only works in windows, i.e., QuickbooksPro, which I heard is a disaster for Mac.

Prof. Susan