Office/Outlook 2011 constantly crashes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chefwong, Feb 7, 2011.

1. chefwong macrumors regular

Word/Excel 2011 works and hardly ever crashes....
    Outlook 2011 constantly forces me to rebuild/etc. Have created new profiles and still same symptoms. When I launch Outlook, it either rebuilds or loads up, and when I choose to compose a message, it just crashes the app.

Not sure where to proceed on this one...

Anyone ever seen similar symptoms.
    Have done a verify, etc on disk utility and the problems Outlook exhibit still remain the same

2. zohhh6 macrumors newbie

Outlook constantly crashes when trying to move messages from my Inbox to a subfolder on the same account. This is how I organize my messages. If I need to save a message it gets moved to a subfolder that is usually based on the sender of the message. Regardless of what I do, this operation causes Outlook to crash 100% of the time. All updates have been applied.

I wish someone else had a more capable mail program. I have tried to go back to Apple's mail application it is lacking some features that I depend on.

3. ProfSusan macrumors newbie

is there a difference in Crashing using VM in windows

I have Windows and OS X on my Macs. Have you noticed a difference in the crashes if using Office on the Windows platform on your Macs.
    And, is there a difference if you put VM in suspend mode and then go back to OS X to work on something else.

I think the two platforms is a nutty idea, but I have old software I want to use and it only works in windows, i.e., QuickbooksPro, which I heard is a disaster for Mac.

Prof. Susan