office question!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ahmad123456789, Jan 26, 2009.

1. ahmad123456789 macrumors member

i buy microsoft office for mac and it says entourage cant work with it because i need a hotmail plus account... i really dont want a new email and dont want to pay for hotmail plus... what can i doooo? i payed to much money for ms office for mac

2. iNash macrumors 6502

iNash

Unfortunately this is a common problem with Hotmail accounts (same issue with Blackberry's as well)

In order to enable POP3 forwarding (so that you can have your Hotmail E-mail delivered to an Email program (like Outlook/Mail/Entourage) you do need to sign up to a Hotmail Plus account.

I think these are only £10 per year from memory (could be wrong).

To be honest I would bite the bullet and upgrade to Plus, or if you really really begrudge paying for it then try searching for "Mobile Gateway" in Google and there are a number of web servers that allow Email forwarding.

Not sure if they would work with Hotmail but also probably worth reading some reviews as there are different ones, some free, some trials, and some that offer limited functionality.

Ultimately to pay for Hotmail's service is the best option all round, you then get the full service and also the support as well.

3. 60Best.com macrumors newbie

My Honest Advice

Hi all of you, I've used Mac for over two years and uninstalled all office for mac after a couple of months because it was like staying on the PC side although on a Mac. I just found iWorks muuch more captivating, although I had paid some money for office.

Specifically on this MAIL issue I suggest you use MAIL application that comes with every Mac. It's FREE, you sure already have it installed and it just works perfectly. Any other question please reply.

My sincerely advice,

60Best Team
    www.60best.com
    Find more honest advices on new technology and gadgets at www.60best.com

4. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

um no. the problem isn't with entourage, it's because of his hotmail account.

5. ahmad123456789 thread starter macrumors member

i also try it on mail but i dont know the incoming mail server

6. walldawg84 macrumors member

The older Hotmail.com accounts work in sync with entourage, i've had my e-mail address for over 5 years and it syncs up folders and everything, it was only in the last couple of years that they wrecked the functionality for this on the new accounts I think.

In regards to the MAIL app that comes with OS X, even with a hotmail account that works completely with entourage, it works, but if I move an e-mail to a folder, it only does it on the computer, not on the actual account ... unless I'm doing something wrong? In entourage if i move an e-mail in the app it moves it on the server as well

Hope you get it sorted!!