Office Support on the iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wireless Buddy, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Wireless Buddy macrumors regular

Hey guys. I have a Windows Mobile Professional phone (Samsung i730) and I am interested in the new iPhone 3G. However, I need to be able to create new Office documents on my phone. Also, I would like to be able to browse the file system on my phone and work with the files. Do you think the new iPhone can do these things? If not, I'll have to stick with Windows Mobile, but it's ungodly terrible (lock ups CONSTANTLY).

2. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

My take on it is you can READ MS Office docs... not create them.

3. witchdrash macrumors member

I don't have an iPhone and I don't have the new one, but I do have a touch, and you wont be able to create new documents like that but you will be able to read them, I download all my e-mails on my touch because I like to have the documents people send me available in a really convenient format should I ever need them.

I would however be surprised if no-one released something on the app store that allowed you to create and edit ms office docs.

4. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

We will see in July, I know MS has talked about porting MS Office to the iPhone, but as of now we haven't heard anything official(and I bet Apple would have played it up, had MS agreed to make it)

Surely we'll see some app...maybe docs to go that is famous on Palm OS.

5. Wireless Buddy thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I was pretty sure it wasn't enabled out of the box. That's why I thought it would be available in the App Store.

Anybody know about a file system viewer? Like Finder for iPhone?

6. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

i thought the the 2.0 software supported Ms office and iwork?

7. Fonzijr1964 macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964

it is only read