Office won't update on Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DaSal, Nov 24, 2009.

1. DaSal macrumors regular

I just got my new iMac 27", and I installed Office 2008. The install goes fine but it won't install any updates. It'll download the update, and then after it's done downloading it'll just do nothing. If I check for updates again it'll just download the same update again, over... and over.

I tried removing office, but the remove office application can't detect any office installations. So I removed it manually and reinstalled it and tried again, still no luck.

Anybody have any ideas? ;)

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Try manually downloading the Office Update from www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.mspx instead of using the auto updater.

The latest version update is to 12.2.3, and you have to have the other service packs applied before you can/should install 12.2.3.

You should also check to see if any other applications complain when you try to update them, which could indicate an underlying issue with the OS.

3. DaSal thread starter macrumors regular

Won't work, says it can't install suitable software to update. Other software updates just fine. It's such a weird bug and really annoying (since the service packs improved performance and stuff a LOT!)