Office2 HD vs. Pages for Word Doc Creation

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bunger, May 6, 2010.

1. bunger macrumors 6502

I want to begin taking client notes on my iPad in Word Document format and then email them to my office manager, but am not sure which app is best for this task. I think I have it narrowed down to Office2 HD or Pages.

Does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

2. bunger thread starter macrumors 6502

3. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

Ok, enough about how you get the software. Docs2go is an option for editing word docs but it is only available as an iPhone app for now. I have both Pages and docs2go. I'm not entirely satisfied with either one but my issues have more to do with how the iPad handles files than the capabilities of any particular app.

BTW, stealing something and paying for it later or deleting it if you don't like it is still stealing. If a company wants you to pay just to take a look at their app, somehow going around this restriction is a form of stealing and discussing how to do it violates MacRumors rules no matter what your long term intentions might be.

4. emkwan macrumors regular

emkwan

I use paper desk it's an ideal app and only £1.19 excellent for notes. + they have a free app to try.

5. bunger thread starter macrumors 6502

I suggest we stick to topic and if anyone wants to discuss the ethics of jailbreaking, I think you start a new topic in the forum.

Back on topic: I checked out Paperdesk and it doesn't appear to do anything with Word format docs... so the search continues...

6. scgf macrumors regular

Office 2 HD is superb. I bought Pages and Numbers and hate the very poor file handling they offer. I like to store my docs on an external server (eg. Google Docs or a WebDAV server) so I can access the same docs on my iMac, MacBook and iPad. Pages and Numbers do not handle this very well.

Office 2 HD lets you open docs directly from Google Docs or from a WebDav folder. You can edit the Word and Excel files, and when you save them they get saved directly back to the remote folder from where you opened them. Perfect!

I have a couple of fairly large spreadsheets I need to use in my job as a teacher, and Office 2 HD handles them better than Apple Numbers.

7. Stubaggins macrumors newbie

Can you edit these docs from google docs offline??

Can you edit these docs from google docs offline? Thanks!

8. scgf macrumors regular

Yes, but you would obviously need to be online when you save the document.

9. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

I am currently using Quickoffice HD, and like it very much. It can tie to your iDisk or dropbox accounts. No need to email doc files for transfer. It also handles PowerPoint and excel files in one app. Good price as it is kind of like 3 apps in one. It even handles password protected documents.