Office365 now with unlimited OneDrive storage!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lparsons21, Oct 27, 2014.

1. lparsons21, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2014
  2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

That tells me Microsoft is hurting in sales of Office 365. Most companies I know are not upgrading or paying the huge subscriptions costs and looking at Linux servers to replace Microsoft servers. This is happening all over the place and even at the U.S. Government. The Hugh price increase and the yearly subscriptions is scaring a lot of companies.

3. JuryDuty macrumors 6502

JuryDuty

OneDrive now UNLIMITED storage!

Heads-up that Microsoft OneDrive--which works great on my Macbook Pro now has UNLIMITED storage included. Read the announcement here: https://blog.onedrive.com/office-365-onedrive-unlimited-storage/

If you use another cloud service, or if you use MS Office, either way this is a great deal.

For $63 on Amazon, you can get a year of Office for up to 5 PCs and Macs plus your iPad and iPhone, plus unlimited OneDrive storage.

I've put all my documents, pictures, videos and iTunes library on it. Works great!

PS If you already subscribe, go here to get first in line for the rollout: https://preview.onedrive.com/

4. orestes1984 macrumors 65816

The only reason I have anything to do with Office365 is because my university email is up there. Microsoft as a company is stuck, they won't go the same way as other tech giants like Blackberry as there too diversified, but they have even less that is fresh to offer each year.

And the kicker..

Admins across the globe saying they wont upgrade to Windows 8 as it offers nothing servicable to the corporate sector.

I don't think we'll ever see a day when Microsoft is done, but they're seriously losing the market they created and Office is just waiting for someone to come along and make something better.

There is code in Microsoft Office that hasn't been touched in more than 15 years.

5. Hrhnick macrumors member

Careful putting your iTunes/iPhoto library on OneDrive and accessing them from multiple machines.
    Sync services tend to mess up the databases and corrupt the library files.

Using it purely as backup is a great idea though.

6. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    I don't know about that. From the looks of things, Office 365 is doing great, their cloud services are making all kinds of mad money, and even the Surface line is doing well, now that the SP3 made it a platform worth buying into.

MS is far from being stagnant, and isn't hurting in the least. They're not turning in Apple like numbers, but remember, Apple sells hardware that's far more expensive, and has a higher profit margin than MS' software.

7. SRLMJ23 macrumors 65816

SRLMJ23

It really is a great app for backups, it recently just saved me when I upgraded to Yosemite. I thought I had put some files on a USB Stick, well I did not...however...low and behold, ALL the files I thought I had lost were in OneDrive. HUGE save.

Now that it is unlimited, well, it is magical. ;)

:apple:

8. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

SWEEEEEEEEEET!

As a 365 subscriber this is excellent news. :D

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Nice, but I'm not even using the allotment they already gave me.

10. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

This is us in a nutshell. We did sign on for one year, due to the fact that we received the wonderful MS Assessment [AUDIT], so we're just biting the bullet for one year, because we don't have the time at the moment to change/test. However, we're on a mission to replace all of our MS Servers with a Linux Variant of some type. We're on Win 7 via VDI, but again we're looking at viable replacements that include both the desktop and OpenOffice for office suite.

$60k plus year for email and documents is ridiculous, and have had enough. Plus the cost of SQL, and Servers being over $25k for what? Not worth it...