Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

h0e0h

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
West Monroe, Louisiana
Just bought an HP Officejet 5610v from walmart. Went to install it... no problem. Problem arises when i go to print something. In the selection drop down menu, i select the newly installed printer... it doesn't give me the option to print. I know i'm using the latest drivers and things like that... just no option to print. it's set up to fax from this computer... what's up?

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
HP has awful Macintosh support. I just purchased a LaserJet 1320 to replace my LaserJet 1012, and I thought it was fully compatible with Mac OS X. I get it home and try to install it, only to realize that HP has not updated the drivers to 10.4 and that HP actually recommends (on there web site) using an open source driver model. The driver was difficult to setup (Ghostscript), but now everything is working properly. :mad: What does it say about a company that relies on other individuals to provide their drivers?

h0e0h

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
West Monroe, Louisiana
i wound up having to repair permissions, delete user->library->preferences->com.apple.print.* and user->library->preferences->ByHost->com.apple.print.Cache.* files, and then re-add the printer using printer setup... it works though... completely... so i can't complain too too much this time 'round. Way to drop the ball HP... thanks for all the Mac support

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.