Official 1.1.3 Upgrader (GUI) now on Installer

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by hecks, Jan 29, 2008.

1. hecks macrumors regular

Refresh your sources & enjoy upgrading your 1.1.2 jailbroken iPod without using a PC /mac, courtesy of the Dev Team.

Now you can forget all those other hack jobs on Installer. Amongst other things, this official version fixes the system disk size, now back to 300 MB.

:)

2. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

am running it now, after 5 failed/buggy attempts with the unofficial version.

Don't suppose you know how many system image files there are? I'm up to 4059 but there's no indication of how many total there are?*

Yes I realise that it will have likely finished before this is answered, but I figure others may want to know. /alturistic.

/edit heh, it was about 4200...

3. Jakintosh™ macrumors member

mm my ipod is spazzing. is this bad? between apple logo and the connect to itunes screen. itunes wont recognize

4. cjlopez macrumors newbie

This is very good. :p

5. Jakintosh™ macrumors member

no its very bad. i really need help. its like a brick. just turning on annd off spazzing and charging. i need help! please?

6. xerikx macrumors regular

Have done it twice but can't seem to be able to move the apps by holding them down

Only thing I cared about too

7. illweather macrumors regular

After doing this method, what should I use to get the extra Apps? I have several choices in Installer...

8. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

Add applerepo.com to your sources and install the fix. Exit installer and all the apps will be there,plus wiggle.

9. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

whats this about a disk size problem? how do you check the size is showing correctly?

10. LathspeLL macrumors newbie

11. hecks thread starter macrumors regular

12. delude macrumors 6502

Really...its easier to just hit 'Install' on the Installer to get the apps and wiggly icons. You can add www.ipodtouchmaster.com/files/repo.xml and download it from there, or many other places. Then if you want them gone just uninstall.

13. psycho bob macrumors 6502a

psycho bob

Does updating this way still send the ipod into an unescapable lockdown if you have to reset it by holding down sleep/wake and home?

Updating the other way I had this issue and sync problems how many of you are experiencing those after this?