Official Apple Store Saved Carts Question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by amirz, Dec 4, 2007.

1. amirz macrumors newbie

Heya MacRumors =)

I've been looking to buy a 4GB iPhone for some time now, for the attractive price of 299$ .
    I noticed this attractive deal back when apple announced the iPhone price drop and that a limited quantity of 4GB iPhones are on sale now for only 299$ at the clearance section of store.apple.com.
    Back then, I created an apple id and added the 4gb model to my cart, since i wasn't sure whether I am going to buy one, I clicked "save for later" and the cart got saved. That was back in Sep. 18 =)
    Today, I entered the shop and noticed that no 4gb iPhones are being sold (nor do refurbished ones) but when I entered my account and clicked on saved carts I could add the 4gb saved iPhone to my cart and pay for it.. I did'nt go with it, yet. What do you guys think? any chance they actually saved me a 4gb iphone for 3 months based on my new opened account oO?? or should i just wait for the refurbished 4gb ones to come back to stock?

By the way, funny fact- I can add the item to my cart but cant click on it =) seems like the product iPhone, 4GB Part Number: MA501LL/A is no longer on their store website.

Thanks in advance,
    Amir.

2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

I highly doubt you'd actually be able to purchase it.

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

What's the harm in trying? You seem ready to buy, so hit the button. If it's available (which I doubt), you'll get it. If not, they'll notify you and the order will be cancelled. Then you can decide whether you want to hold out for the possibility of 4 GB refurbs (can't imagine there will be many of them) or bump up to the 8 GB model.