Official AT&T iPhone 3GS Shipping and Delivery Update

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JoelMarcey, Jun 13, 2009.

1. JoelMarcey macrumors 6502

JoelMarcey

Sorry if this was posted on another thread, but here is an update from AT&T on the pre-order of the iPhone 3GS and its delivery and shipping.

http://www.att.com/Common/merger/files/pdf/final_fulfillment_faq.pdf

Highlights:

If I preordered my iPhone 3G S from a store, what happens on June 19? What do I need to do?
    First, watch for an email from us. If you preordered through one of our AT&T stores, we’ll notify you via email between
    now and your pick up date to let you know when your device will be ready.

If I preordered online or in a store, when should I expect to get my device?
    In general, if you preordered iPhone 3G S between June 8 and June 12, your order should be ready for pick up, or
    delivery, on Friday, June 19. If you preordered on or after June 13, your device will ship between 7-14 days from when
    you placed your order. However, delivery dates are not guaranteed in advance.

If I preordered online, what happens between the order placement and the arrival of my device?
    In terms of device arrival, you’ll hear directly from us between now and your delivery date so you know when to expect
    your shipment.
    In between now and then, once you’ve added your order to the shopping cart and you’re ready to check out, you’ll get
    additional details on the delivery process.
    Once your order is placed, we’ll send you a confirmation text and email with an order ID so you can use our Order
    Status Tool to check your order.

2. thekills macrumors member

No mention of ordering online before the 12th, but having it delivered to your home? All I want to know is will it be shipped or delivered on the 19th?

3. 1Zach1 macrumors 65816

1Zach1

They second paragraph says if you ordered between the 8th and 12th, it should be ready for delivery on the 19th.

4. thekills macrumors member

Whoops, I missed it, since it was hidden there between the commas. "ready for delivery" is still slightly vaguer than "will be delivered". I'll take what I can get though. :)

I just imagined it sitting right there in some warehouse, all ready for delivery, and yet nobody is delivering it...

5. PezRadar macrumors regular

You're overthinking it.. You will get it on the 19th I bet.

I ordered mine in the store on the 9th so I know I will have it in my hand on the 19th at 7am.

6. 1Zach1 macrumors 65816

1Zach1

I think they worded it that way to cover their bases in case UPS/FedEx screwed up the delivery.