'Official' BiteSMS equivalent?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by meisterjager, Sep 13, 2010.

1. meisterjager macrumors member

My 3Gs is Jailbroken, and it's Jailbroken for only one reason - BiteSMS.

The ONLY thing I use BiteSMS for is the quick reply feature, where you can reply within the 'new SMS' alert box.

I was wondering if there was an app on app store that would allow me to do this, as I'd like to start regularly backing up my iPhone again, not to mention update to 4.1.

Any help would be great! Thanks.

2. Snowman3459 macrumors 6502a

No there is no app in the app store that can do what biteSMS does.

3. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

When my phone was jailbroken, BiteSMS was also the only reason I did it. It's really convenient and I also like the Scheduled SMS and contact pics in the message list. And of course, being able to see the timestamp for ALL messages by tap and holding.

Really wish Apple would steal these features and implement them in the OS... :(

4. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

Stick with what you got.

"Look at all these OMG 4.1 ruined my battery i only get 5h 59min now on my battery!!"

"Omg the proximity sensor is still haywire.."

4.1 is overrated, no need to upgrade. If your prox sensor doesnt work now.. its very unlikely it will work with 4.1.

BiteSMS rocks!

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, Apple will never approve an app like that.
    It duplicates/modifies the stock messages app so to them it will be for sure rejected.
    BiteSMS is also one of my favs.

6. TurdFerguson macrumors 6502

Sucks it will never happen because apple won't admit someone else did it better, since thats their thing. What I wanna see is a BeejiveIM / BiteSMS combo. Not having quick reply for IM's sucks.

7. lionheartednyhc macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

Nope. Never. But there is also no reason for you not to backup your phone regularly.

8. TurdFerguson macrumors 6502

Yeah why can't you back-up OP?

9. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

What does backing up have to do with using BiteSMS?

10. meisterjager thread starter macrumors member

It's by far the most useful app I've come across on the phone as a whole. It's a shame about Apple being so stubborn when it comes to this kinda thing.

As far as backing up, I dunno.. I tried it soon after I originally jailbroke and both my Mac iTunes and the phone just hung, had to force quit them both. I haven't tried doing it since. I Jailbroke using jailbreak.me, so maybe that's a dpdgy install.

I just really wanna be un-Jailbroken now. It's causing me more grief cos the OS keeps crashing (getting a black screen with the skull and crossbones lots)