Official BitTorrent ver 4.0.1 OSX released.

Earendil

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2003
Washington
combatcolin said:
Theres a legal use for it ;)
I know that's a joke, but many don't. Many good technologies get bad raps because some people tend to use them for illegal things. I use bit torrent legally all the time.

Vagcmyevad

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2002
Good release; too bad they used metal windows (looks a LOT better with regular windows and the table view pushed up a few pixels ;)).

Attachments

CrackedButter

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2003
51st State of America
I'm sorry but I have never managed to get the program to work. It just seems to be a collection of misc files which confuses me like linux would do. Not giving an indication of what to do next even the readme file is unhelpful, it assumes you know what the user is doing.

It sucks otherwise.

solaris

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2004
Oslo, Norway
Vagcmyevad said:
Good release; too bad they used metal windows (looks a LOT better with regular windows and the table view pushed up a few pixels ;)).
Hmmm, how did you make it look that way?
Instructions please... ;)

wtmcgee

macrumors regular
May 21, 2003
Orlando
I've sent the dev feedback about the brushed metal, hopefully if others do the same he'll change it to aqua.

ibjoshua

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2002
New Zealand
icon problems

I'm having icon problems.
The icon doesn't work in the Dock -- I get the generic application icon.
When I browse through the Applications folder I find anything that had the generic icon now has the new round BitTorrent icon.
Any ideas? Is it just me?
i_b_joshua

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I've had that occasionally, with various apps. I repair permissions, run the periodic scripts*, and reboot. That always fixes it, although I'm not sure which of those steps actually fixes the problem.

* "sudo periodic daily weekly monthly" in Terminal.

NeoMayhem

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2003
You can open the app with xcode and remove the brushed interface, run an app like Metallifizer, or just use a theme that doesn't have a brushed variation.

Vagcmyevad

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2002
solaris said:
Hmmm, how did you make it look that way?
Instructions please... ;)
Sure!

Download the attachment of this post, and unzip it. Then, copy the file "TorrentWindow.nib" (you'll be pasting it later).

Now, control-click the BitTorrent application and select "Show Package Contents." Then, go into Contents/Resources/English.lproj and paste the TorrentWindow.nib file :). This will also fix the log drawer, so it will be centered correctly.

Edit- uploaded a newer version of the .nib that also fixes a bug with the Log drawer where the contents could be edited (they shouldn't be able to).

Attachments

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
BitTorrent has always been a perfectly friendly OS X app for me. And I like the metal :)

The use for it in my case is downloading big files like (free, legal) game add-ons over modem in multiple sessions.

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
wtmcgee said:
I've sent the dev feedback about the brushed metal, hopefully if others do the same he'll change it to aqua.
noooo!!!

in that case I better email him to keep in metal, aqua looks nasty.

bentley

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2005
As a big uploader/seeder I'm still sticking with Azureus, though it does have some annoying quirks (like shutting down when clicking on the red box).