Official Dead Space Vs Resident Evil 5

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by jabingla2810, Apr 15, 2009.

1. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

WHich do you prefer?

I thought it was resident evil 5, which I think is a great game.
    Untill I went back to Dead Space, and it just felt amazing to play through again.

I prefer the controls, and I think graphically it holds its own too.... although they are both great looking games.

As you can tell I like them both, but what do you think?

And more importantly, why do you think that?

Please dont bother saying, "You cant compare these games, they are too different and belong to different genre's"...... I dont care
    They are similar, 3rd person, plenty of weapons, plenty of horrific things coming after you...lots of action....

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

3. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

I can only judge RE5 by the demo. Based on that, I think Dead Space was more appealing to me, cause it was creating a really tense, frightening atmosphere. RE5 doesn't seem very scary.

4. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

I just got to a certain level in RE5 that totally changed the dynamic. This game ended up growing on me more and more, and now I really enjoy it.

However, Dead Space was a fantastic game. I would have trouble comparing, but I might have to give the nod to DS. We'll see how I feel when I finish RE5 though.

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Gameplay & Atmosphere = Dead Space

Graphics / Audio / Presentation = RE5

6. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

I've played both, and overall I prefer RE5.

But I've always been a fan of the series... So I just have a thing for Resident Evil, since I've been playing them waaay back when I was less than a third of the recommended age to play RE. :p

7. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Dead Space by a country mile....gameplay, controls, story, atmosphere and just all around fun. I got exactly what I expected from dead space which is a game that made me afraid to think whats around the other corner.

Hands down: Dead Space.

Bless

8. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

Dead Space wins hands down in the atmosphere department and it's definitely the scarier game.

However, as a better game overall I'm gonna have to say RE5 tops DS. The plot is alright but it deals with some amazing underlying themes and is pretty cool for Resident Evil fans overall.

The really great thing about RE5, though, is the gameplay, I'm probably a minority but I love stop n shoot, it makes things much more intense and require you to plan your attacks in advance.

Along with MGS4, it's definitely my favorite PS3 game ;).