Official Hands-On Reviews?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by iBreatheApple, Apr 6, 2015.

1. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I know this was discussed a while back, but now that the week of pre-orders is upon us, do we have any more info than we did previously? I really hope we don't have to wait until just before they ship.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

When have reviews come before the pre-order date?

Same routine as before, order at 12:01am, reviews on Wednesday before the Friday of the official launch.

3. papa8706 macrumors 6502a

4. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

5. ChinaRye macrumors 6502

ChinaRye

Reviews only come one or two days before the actual launch, not the preorders.

6. totten76 macrumors regular

totten76

Unless some celebrity decides to make a review, I don't think we will be hearing anything for a little while ;)

7. papa8706 macrumors 6502a

Based on... hands on use with the size/bands/basic functions. It's not a software review, it's a hardware review. He asked for hands on reviews and nothing is changing besides software come launch.

8. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

He asked if we knew anything new. Read harder next time.

9. papa8706 macrumors 6502a

And you assume everyone has read that article? All I stated was that it was one of the better I've seen thus far. That is the closest to a legitimate review and I've read a lot. No need to troll, move on :rolleyes:

10. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Dude, chill out.

11. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Not true. People at the March event said there were some slight hardware changes. Rene Ritchie mentioned the digital crown. Not sure what else changed.

12. Dhonk macrumors member

Apple Watch Reviews?

We know from reports Apple has been seeding Apple Watches to the media and at least one celebrity. Based on past phone launches, when can we expect to start seeing reviews? I thought they usually got released a day or two before pre-sales began, but I've never really paid that much attention. While I'm likely to get one, I'd like to hear more thoughts from experts.

13. bjdraw macrumors 6502a

Typically Apple review embargoes lift a few days before the item launches, not before it goes on pre-order. That being said, this isn't a normal launch, so who knows.

14. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

The only thing abnormal is the inability to walk in on launch day with having a prior reservation.

15. bjdraw macrumors 6502a

That is a big one. Two weeks between pre-order an launch is double the typical wait. Memo indicating that Apple doesn't want people to have to wait in long lines at the store is very different. Item given to celebrates and showing up on TV and magazines before pre-order certainly isn't typical.

Honestly what is typical? Apple has only released five product categories in the past 15 years, so hard to call any of them typical (iPod, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch).

16. samiznaetekto macrumors 65816

Not sure how "official", but some dude posted a mini review on instagram:

https://instagram.com/p/1KIXumEWwO/

The important takeouts from this review is the 1st moment the watch face activates is equivalent of bringing your wrist to your face when standing:

[​IMG]

and that the reflections of sky will make it barely (if at all) readable outdoors, let alone in direct sunlight:

[​IMG]

He finishes his mini-review with an ambiguous "whoa" which could mean either good or bad. :D

17. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Wow, someone is obsessing over some mundane detail. How many more times are you going to post this?

18. Itsedstech macrumors 6502a

You sure about that?

19. blastair macrumors regular

blastair

20. ChinaRye macrumors 6502

ChinaRye

I take that back. This was a surprise!