Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/03/htc-one-verizon/

htconebigger.jpg

engadget said:
Verizon just announced that the HTC One will finally make its debut on the network later this summer. Pricing and exact availability -- not to mention unique features or other specifics -- are yet to be determined, but this is a solid confirmation to a rumor that's been floating around for the last few months, ever since the One officially launched worldwide. Its availability on all four US carriers should be refreshing news to HTC, as this puts it on level ground (stateside, at least) with the immensely popular Samsung Galaxy S 4. The fight between these two flagships is far from over, but having the largest carrier in the US onboard certainly makes that battle much more interesting.

the verge said:
Following months of speculation, Verizon has announced today that it'll be launching its own version of HTC's vaunted One in the coming months. For HTC, the announcement carries special weight: Verizon's support means that the One will be available from all four US national carriers, matching the level of support that Samsung has received for the Galaxy S4. Presumably, the One would replace the Droid DNA launched late last year.

Beyond that, though, little is known. It appears that Verizon may refrain from slapping its ubiquitous Droid branding on the One, but we don't have pricing, a release date, or information on any design tweaks, software changes, or special colors that the nation's largest carrier might be looking to apply (a black phone with red accents would be an interesting Verizon-specific treatment). We also don't know what (if any) affect Google's recent announcement of a stock One might have — but for now, that product remains an AT&T / T-Mobile special for American buyers.

Verizon Twitter

Untitled.jpg

Prototypical

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2011
Nebraska
Excellent, this will go well with the year-old Nokia 920 variant they just released. Verizon is starting to test our patience with this out-dated release crap. I can't wait for them to release the 925 in/around Q1 2014. :rolleyes:

All of that said - other than the Moto X phone, this is still the only device that might tempt me out of iOS and back into Android. So, better late then never I guess...

nyc999

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2011
Dunno about others but I am sure as heck not waiting around till this unknown launch. Getting an S4 this week on verizon. Too bad for HTC.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Dunno about others but I am sure as heck not waiting around till this unknown launch. Getting an S4 this week on verizon. Too bad for HTC.

It's obviously Verizon's fault. No one is stopping you from getting an unlocked One if you want it that badly (yes it's more expensive, I know)

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
It's obviously Verizon's fault. No one is stopping you from getting an unlocked One if you want it that badly (yes it's more expensive, I know)

That won't work, Verizon only activates Verizon phones on their network.

durant35

macrumors member
May 2, 2013
Non removable and underpowered 2300Mah battery, no SD slot and a UI that forces you to have Blink Feed on one of your home screens? No. Already got my S4 and love it, Im good. Besides, when the HTC One Super and HTC One X+>8# come out a few months later, you'll be cursing HTC.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Non removable and underpowered 2300Mah battery, no SD slot and a UI that forces you to have Blink Feed on one of your home screens? No. Already got my S4 and love it, Im good. Besides, when the HTC One Super and HTC One X+>8# come out a few months later, you'll be cursing HTC.

Troll much?

1) battery life is on par with the S4. Having both - the S4 actually was a little more power hungry for me.

54313.png

54312.png

54316.png

esides, when the HTC One Super and HTC One X+>8# come out a few months later, you'll be cursing HTC.

2) what do you mean like the Galaxy Mega 5.8, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy S4 mini, Galaxy S4 Active, Galaxy S4 Zoom..... ?

Note that these are real products not ones made up out of insecurity on a forum to prove how clever and witty you are... Time to go back under your bridge.

Last edited:

durant35

macrumors member
May 2, 2013
Troll much?

1) battery life is on par with the S4. Having both - the S4 actually was a little more power hungry for me.

2) what do you mean like the Galaxy Mega 5.8, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy S4 mini, Galaxy S4 Active, Galaxy S4 Zoom..... ?

Note that these are real products not ones made up out of insecurity on a forum to prove how clever and witty you are... Time to go back under your bridge.

So what happens when your phone is out of warranty after a year and your battery starts to fail? kiss your phone goodbye, you cant just swap in a new one. At least the new Galaxy models offer something different. All the HTC one devices were just thrown out because HTC is a dying company trying to get rid of its inventory and make profit. It would be like Samsung releasing the S5 and 6 just months after the S4.

sentinelsx

macrumors 68010
Feb 28, 2011

But touchwiz isn't an award winner in design either though.

Although you are right about the One X+, i fear that too. I know samsung's flagship for the next 12 months is now S4 (note series is phablet territory so i keep it separate), and so it is comforting to know that samsung will push all its efforts on the S4 and Note 3 instead of S4+ and whatever else.

On the other hand HTC might pull a 2012 and release a One+ which will definitely piss me off.

May be ill skip them for this year and see what they do and decide next year if i want an HTC, no matter how amazing the screen and build is.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
So what happens when your phone is out of warranty after a year and your battery starts to fail? kiss your phone goodbye, you cant just swap in a new one. At least the new Galaxy models offer something different. All the HTC one devices were just thrown out because HTC is a dying company trying to get rid of its inventory and make profit. It would be like Samsung releasing the S5 and 6 just months after the S4.

They have a battery replacement programme the same as Apple offers for ipads, iPods, iPhones, macbooks...

See the answer is far less dramatic than your manmade drama.

Seriously your trolling is pathetic.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
On the other hand HTC might pull a 2012 and release a One+ which will definitely piss me off.

They are on record as saying this is not the case. The ONE is their flagship device, hence so much resting on Verizon (USA biggest carrier) getting the ONE rather than a droid ....

The re-focus on management and strategy that is clearly playing out with the executives who were responsible for the past mistakes being removed from the company, its clear HTC are trying to draw a line in the sand.

Developer edition, Google edition, Flagship hardware that is the same specifications rather than different SKU in different territories are all further indications of HTC's statement of intent. The ONE is their ONE for 2013.

durant35

macrumors member
May 2, 2013
They are on record as saying this is not the case. The ONE is their flagship device, hence so much resting on Verizon (USA biggest carrier) getting the ONE rather than a droid ....

The re-focus on management and strategy that is clearly playing out with the executives who were responsible for the past mistakes being removed from the company, its clear HTC are trying to draw a line in the sand.

Developer edition, Google edition, Flagship hardware that is the same specifications rather than different SKU in different territories are all further indications of HTC's statement of intent. The ONE is their ONE for 2013.

Do you work for HTC or something? Will you guarantee they only release ONE one this year? You sure get awfully worked up and start throwing the T word around when people have a different opinion then you. Grow up kid,

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Do you work for HTC or something? Will you guarantee they only release ONE one this year? You sure get awfully worked up and start throwing the T word around when people have a different opinion then you. Grow up kid,

No I don't work for HTC, and if you had read any of my posts prior you would know I owned both the Iphone 5, S4 & HTC One and that I will probably buy a google edition S4 or iPhone 5S in September too.

And to tell me to grow up after you posted such absolute childish rant/rubbish as

is just moronic.

To come into my thread, and post such rubbish that clearly offers nothing to the topic in hand and is just intentionally there to cause argument is the definition of trolling and is against the rules of Macrumors. As you are only here since May, I suggest you get aquainted with them.

MacRumors Rules said:
Trolling. Do not post in order to anger other members or intentionally cause negative reactions. For a given post, this can be a subjective call, but a pattern of such posting or an especially egregious case will get you banned.

Last edited:

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado

In fairness to durant35 and sentinelsx HTC does have a bit of a problem. In the past, they have quickly released several phones and alienated users by doing so. That said, it is interesting to see the things that you pointed out. I agree with you in that it appears that HTC is changing to a Samsung/Apple model where there is just 1 flagship or premium phone per year. But I understand where some people might be hesitant to trust HTC.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.