Official... HTC One will be coming to Verizon in Summer

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by MRU, Jun 3, 2013.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/03/htc-one-verizon/

[​IMG]

Verizon Twitter

Untitled.jpg

2. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

3. Prototypical macrumors 6502

Prototypical

Excellent, this will go well with the year-old Nokia 920 variant they just released. Verizon is starting to test our patience with this out-dated release crap. I can't wait for them to release the 925 in/around Q1 2014. :rolleyes:

All of that said - other than the Moto X phone, this is still the only device that might tempt me out of iOS and back into Android. So, better late then never I guess...

4. Dontazemebro macrumors 68020

Dontazemebro

I called it when the One was first released. The hold up has always been on Verizon's side, never HTC.

5. nyc999 macrumors regular

Dunno about others but I am sure as heck not waiting around till this unknown launch. Getting an S4 this week on verizon. Too bad for HTC.

6. paulbennett95 macrumors 6502a

paulbennett95

Later this summer can mean the middle of September, so don't get too excited.

7. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

It's obviously Verizon's fault. No one is stopping you from getting an unlocked One if you want it that badly (yes it's more expensive, I know)

8. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

I was on Verizon.. until I got tired of them lagging behind on everything. So I switched to AT&T.

9. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

That won't work, Verizon only activates Verizon phones on their network.

10. durant35 macrumors member

Non removable and underpowered 2300Mah battery, no SD slot and a UI that forces you to have Blink Feed on one of your home screens? No. Already got my S4 and love it, Im good. Besides, when the HTC One Super and HTC One X+>8# come out a few months later, you'll be cursing HTC.

11. MRU, Jun 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2013

MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Troll much?

1) battery life is on par with the S4. Having both - the S4 actually was a little more power hungry for me.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2) what do you mean like the Galaxy Mega 5.8, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy S4 mini, Galaxy S4 Active, Galaxy S4 Zoom..... ?

Note that these are real products not ones made up out of insecurity on a forum to prove how clever and witty you are... Time to go back under your bridge.

12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

This is good news for those on Verizon who didn't want the S4.

13. durant35 macrumors member

So what happens when your phone is out of warranty after a year and your battery starts to fail? kiss your phone goodbye, you cant just swap in a new one. At least the new Galaxy models offer something different. All the HTC one devices were just thrown out because HTC is a dying company trying to get rid of its inventory and make profit. It would be like Samsung releasing the S5 and 6 just months after the S4.

14. sentinelsx macrumors 68010

But touchwiz isn't an award winner in design either though.

Although you are right about the One X+, i fear that too. I know samsung's flagship for the next 12 months is now S4 (note series is phablet territory so i keep it separate), and so it is comforting to know that samsung will push all its efforts on the S4 and Note 3 instead of S4+ and whatever else.

On the other hand HTC might pull a 2012 and release a One+ which will definitely piss me off.

May be ill skip them for this year and see what they do and decide next year if i want an HTC, no matter how amazing the screen and build is.

15. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

They have a battery replacement programme the same as Apple offers for ipads, iPods, iPhones, macbooks...

See the answer is far less dramatic than your manmade drama.

Seriously your trolling is pathetic.

16. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

They are on record as saying this is not the case. The ONE is their flagship device, hence so much resting on Verizon (USA biggest carrier) getting the ONE rather than a droid ....

The re-focus on management and strategy that is clearly playing out with the executives who were responsible for the past mistakes being removed from the company, its clear HTC are trying to draw a line in the sand.

Developer edition, Google edition, Flagship hardware that is the same specifications rather than different SKU in different territories are all further indications of HTC's statement of intent. The ONE is their ONE for 2013.

17. durant35 macrumors member

Do you work for HTC or something? Will you guarantee they only release ONE one this year? You sure get awfully worked up and start throwing the T word around when people have a different opinion then you. Grow up kid,

18. MRU, Jun 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2013

MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

No I don't work for HTC, and if you had read any of my posts prior you would know I owned both the Iphone 5, S4 & HTC One and that I will probably buy a google edition S4 or iPhone 5S in September too.

And to tell me to grow up after you posted such absolute childish rant/rubbish as

is just moronic.

To come into my thread, and post such rubbish that clearly offers nothing to the topic in hand and is just intentionally there to cause argument is the definition of trolling and is against the rules of Macrumors. As you are only here since May, I suggest you get aquainted with them.

19. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

In fairness to durant35 and sentinelsx HTC does have a bit of a problem. In the past, they have quickly released several phones and alienated users by doing so. That said, it is interesting to see the things that you pointed out. I agree with you in that it appears that HTC is changing to a Samsung/Apple model where there is just 1 flagship or premium phone per year. But I understand where some people might be hesitant to trust HTC.