Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

goduke06

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Charleston, SC
Sigh, no 15 inch MacBook Pro for me, for it is to much money. I have decided to wait for the 12 inch MBP and save the money to buy a Merom Tower (August, Fingers Crossed) and a mini for my TV.

amacgenius

macrumors 68000
Aug 3, 2005
Buffalo, NY
Sadly I think Apple is going to upset those who want a 12" "pro" laptop and only introduce a 17" model alongside the current 15".

Time will tell though.

(By the way, you've hit a pet peeve, this is an "official" thread started by an unofficial person.)

miniConvert

macrumors 68040
Oo I'd love one. However, I'm hoping that, now there are Intel chips on the table, we'll see some real ultraportables sporting Apple's fantastic design. I currently use a Sony Vaio T2XP and, well, it's remarkable. Sony are known for their excellent ultraportables, but I'd place a bet on Apple having the spunk to go one better.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
You'll be waiting a long time then. I think Apple will be totally widescreen with the release of the iBook replacement. Most likely a 13.3" display.

Mind you, I've said it before and I'll say it again:

A 13.3" MBP with a 1920x1200 LCD running resolution independent 10.5 would be the most stunning laptop ever made. Imagine just how crystal clear the screen would be - it would look exactly like it does now but with a massive increase in pixel density, it doesn't get smaller, only clearer.

You could run it so that it resembles a 1280x800 screen but then it could play 1080p movies at native resolution. Magnificent.

treblah

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2003
amacgenius said:
(By the way, you've hit a pet peeve, this is an "official" thread started by an unofficial person.)

At least he didn't add ™ to the title. ;)

barneygumble

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2005
Chundles said:
You'll be waiting a long time then. I think Apple will be totally widescreen with the release of the iBook replacement. Most likely a 13.3" display.

A 13.3" MBP with a 1920x1200 LCD running resolution independent 10.5 would be the most stunning laptop ever made. Imagine just how crystal clear the screen would be - it would look exactly like it does now but with a massive increase in pixel density, it doesn't get smaller, only clearer.

You could run it so that it resembles a 1280x800 screen but then it could play 1080p movies at native resolution. Magnificent.

Drools:) , i would buy one instantly and i mean instantly, maxed out too:)

mmmcheese

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2006
Chundles said:

Screw resolution independent OS support....I'd buy it without that :)

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Chundles said:
I think Apple will be totally widescreen with the release of the iBook replacement. Most likely a 13.3" display.

They make 12" widescreen laptops as well, you know, so 12" or 13" are both possible. I'd like a 13.3", but the 12" isn't impossible. Sony uses a 13.3", while Dell has a 12" --- both widescreen. They both look good, too.

kretzy

macrumors 604
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
I usually like 15'' - it seems to be the right balance, however, if that 13.3'' ever comes out I'll be extremely tempted by it. 12'' is just to small for me.

Amuraivel

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2006
I had a MBP on order, but cancelled it because it was to arrive on April 5th in hopes something might come out on April 1st....

I want a smaller MBP. But I have a sneaky suspicion Apple doesn't want
to cut in on their higher margin machines 15", 17". So MacBook is what we'll be getting...meaning I probably will go with a different vendor.

m-dogg

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2004
Connecticut
barneygumble said:
Drools:) , i would buy one instantly and i mean instantly, maxed out too:)

So funny - As I finished reading Chundles comment, I was thinking that I'd be drooling like Homer Simpson over such a beautiful machine. And then I saw your reply. Apparently, I'm not alone! :D

Eluon

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2005
Spring, Texas
I am wanting a MBP, but the 15 inch is too expensive and probably too big for my tastes. I had a 12 inch iBook G4 but didn't like the screen size much. the 13.3 inch widescreen would tickle my fancy and my wallet.

designed

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2005
Finland
I'm looking forward to all sub-15" laptops by Apple, either for myself or for my dad. I think I'll be more biased to the Intel iBook than MBP but either one comes first will interest me.

Oh and as for the 13,3" 1920x1200 display: that's expecting a bit much in my opinnion, even the 20" iMac display doesn't do such resolutions. Squeezing in so many pixels into a display of that size resembles me of this video.

DougTheImpaler

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2006
Central Illinois
After G said:
Sign me up too. I'd like a 12" MBP. Just don't make it an iBook clone and I'll be fine.
Don't think that'll happen...iBooks will have integrated graphics (if the Mini is any indication), and MBP's should all have discrete graphics processors. That alone makes the MBP the way to go, right? ;)

M. Malone

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2004
sign my petition on my signature and Apple will stop their ENTIRE assembly line and will push the 12-inch MacBook Pro into the front of their production :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.