Official iPhone 3G S iTunes activation thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Synthetickiller, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Synthetickiller macrumors regular

I wanted to start a thread for trouble shooting and general info concerning the activation of the 3G S via iTunes.

This only applies to people who are getting the phone shipped, not in-store pick up.

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

So what about the rest of us or are we just SCUM for waiting in line?.....:p:p:p

3. LePigeonBleu macrumors 6502

4. Synthetickiller thread starter macrumors regular

Basically.

All things aside, I figured it would be good to start a thread now, plus I wanted to beat people to it. :p

If anyone (highly doubtful) gets an iPhone tomorrow, then this thread won't be useless before the 19th.

5. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

There needs to be an "official" thread for this? Its activation - plug your phone in and click 'Next' a few times.

6. Synthetickiller thread starter macrumors regular

Since a lot of people have been asking how the activation works, I am restarting this thread.

If anyone needs help, just post here and someone will know what to do. If you don't like this thread, don't comment in it.

7. kwjohns macrumors 6502a

kwjohns

Oh! Oh! I want to feel special, too! Someone help me think of an "official" thread I can start!

8. stupidm4n macrumors member

"Official" How To Use The Touch Screen Thread

9. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

And I want to be the FIRST to do it!

10. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

Official how to unbox your iPhone thread coming soon. Be on the lookout. People might need help, ya know?

11. ppilone macrumors 6502

12. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

Official How to Start an Official Thread...Officially.

13. labman macrumors 604

labman

Plus

Mine is being mailed so I guess I am part of this thread that is if those getting there phones mailed from Apple are ok. but this thread is just silly Activating the phone is very simple plus I see no reason to have one for just people getting there phones shipped :rolleyes: so does that make us smarter or dumber. and do we then need a Official thread for activating for those that stood in line? BTW the instructions are also included in the box if ya need them. :eek:;)

14. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

We want to live the moment.:D

15. ppilone macrumors 6502

Official Synthetickiller is Going to Be Cranky Because We Are Posting Silly Comments in His Official Thread... Thread

16. edk99 macrumors 6502a

Cool! Good idea Einstein. Now we will have to sift through the first dozen pages of people posting pointless messages (like this one) to get to someone actually posting something about a problem.

17. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

yes, I have a question. I ordered mine and am having it shipped to work. I am also changing carriers. Can I do this through iTunes or do I need to go to an AT&T store or an Apple store. :confused:

Tom G.

18. staccato83 macrumors 6502a

staccato83

You should be able to do everything through iTunes. When I purchased the first gen iPhone I switched over from T-Mobile and it even allows you to port your number over.

So easy a caveman can do it...

19. Synthetickiller thread starter macrumors regular