Official iPhone 6/6+ Apple case thread

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Appl3FTW, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

anyone buying the 6/6+ who bought OEM apple leather (and silicone for 6).. post em up. i have the 5S leather case so thinking about getting one again. I maybe going back to apple store to get one.

POST EM UP :cool:

2. KAMB macrumors 6502

I'm waiting on LifeProof case for the i6. Might get the Otterbox Defender in the meantime.

3. antwon412 macrumors member

I just ordered an olive Brown one for my wife's 6 and a black one for my 6+

Of course hers will be here before the phones arrive and mine comes in while were gone on vacation. Hopefully I can pick one up in store Friday before we head out of town.

4. My Name is URL macrumors 6502

I ordered the midnight blue leather one to go with the silver 6. Like the combination.

5. WilliamG macrumors 604

I'm EXTREMELY frustrated that Apple took a step back with the cases this year over the 5/5S cases. The whole bottom exposed, now? Ridiculous. I really loved the previous generation Apple cases. Not so much anymore..

6. Amplelink macrumors 6502a

I don't like that either, but it's probably because the bottom part got flimsy over time. Or so I've heard from these forums.

7. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

That's your personal preference, but it was smarter to leave it exposed. First the corners are covered so the drop protection is there. Second, leaving the bottom open gives EVERYONE the ability to use any headphones and any charging adapters.

The 5s/5 model cutouts were made for Apple only accessories

Smart move

8. WilliamG macrumors 604

My wife and I have been using the same Apple leather case for 2 years now. No issues.

Is it a case first and foremost? Yes. I like my case to protect my phone. There are plenty of crap third-party cases to take care of other needs. By the way, that's your personal preference to have the bottom edge exposed, too. :)

9. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

i for one doesn't like the fact that the bottom is exposed now, but i do agree they did it for the following reasons. :D

10. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

I pre-ordered two silicone cases the same time I pre-ordered my iPhone 6 (got 9/19 delivery!) but I'm frustrated that it's saying shipping not until October. I was really expecting to have the cases delivered on the same day as my iPhone 6. But if my delivery estimates are correct, looks like I'll have to try to get into the Apple store next Friday.

Anyone also pre-order the cases?