Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xiph0s

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2008
New York, NY
Lets discuss what "protection" you guys already pre-ordered and/or will order so we can all get an idea. Please post pictures and/or links!

PS
(I need ideas...lol)

gibbz

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2007
Norman, OK
iskin fuze
fuze_overview_noClip.png

Psycho Jester

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2008
I'm going to be a first time iPhone owner when the 3G comes out and i'm planning on getting the Invisible Shield for it, and i want to get a belt holder for it so i can just slide the phone out whenever i want without having to keep it always wraped up in anything but the Shield. I haven't seen one quite like that, has anyone else?

gibbz

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2007
Norman, OK
Thats a nice one...

Edit:
I noticed it says, not compatible with the 2Giphone3G...

Can you tell me where it says that? I am missing it somewhere.

Also, check here

Some in the wild pictures plus some marketing director from iSkin discuss the case. I'll be interested to see what else comes out.

senorfrog97

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2008
Austin
My buddy tries out all these cases and lists his favorites on his site - I liked my case for my first gen iPhone he recommended so I'm going to go ahead and listen to him by trying the Elan Form by Griffin.

s66r9x.jpg

The site if you're interested, he asked me to share it around: www.theiphoneresource.com/3gcases

JZ Wire

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2003
Miami, FL
Ill be getting the protective film from bestskinever.com
Its the same as Invisible Shield but its less expensive and also they offered protection of the chrome area around the screen while I.S. didn't.
I've had it on my iphone and its lasted a whole year leaving the iphone in excellent condition.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Ive heard some real good things on the glossy InCase version. I think it looks really slick and keeps that awesome black appearance of the iPhone intact.

I think thats the on I will be going with but will do some more research.

StingerT125

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2008
Dutchess County New York
I will be looking to get some kind of case that has a belt clip. I like to always have the phone attached to me.

I will be checking around after I get it to see what is available. I might wait a few weeks to see if the selection gets better as more manufacturers release models

Xiph0s

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2008
New York, NY

Hockey man

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2008
TO the OP about the iSkin Fuze

The fuze pictured is the one designed for the gen.1 iphone, hence, that case is not compatible with the 3g iphone. It says on the iskin homepage that a Fuze case for the 3g iphone is coming soon.:apple:

helloadam

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2008
Cumming GA
Well i've ordered the IS. I'm thinkin' i'm going to be keeping it in one of the iPod socks while in my pocket. But i may not, depends on how nice the IS does its job.

kqwik78

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2007
Fresno, CA
For those of you who are getting the Invisible Shield, are you guys just getting the front screen or the entire body kit?

I love Invisible Shield and will probably place an order to get me some shields :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.