Official iPhone Diagnostic

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ConnYoungy, May 12, 2016.

1. ConnYoungy macrumors 6502a

There used to be a way (via the Apple Support site) to run an at-home diagnostic on an iPhone and it would feed the results back to the website on your desktop, but I can't for the life of me find it anymore.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about and know where it's hidden?

2. keysofanxiety, May 12, 2016
    Last edited: May 12, 2016

keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Honestly I'm not 100%. If you get in touch with Apple, they often text you diagnostic applications based on what the issue is. The only other way I know of getting diagnostics is through GSX (https://gsx.apple.com), though you'd need to be registered as a service partner in order for that to work.

However there are also a few applications available from the App Store to check simple things like the battery health, etc. May I confirm what problems you're having with your iPhone, or if you just wanted to enquire about diagnostic apps?

EDIT: you can type in diags:// into the Safari URL bar on your iPhone, and it will open iOS Diagnostics. However you will require a ticket number (Apple Case ID) in order to proceed.

EDIT 2: It looks like the Configuration Utility that they used to have (I think to run some diagnostics) has been pulled. You can try the Apple Configurator, though I think that's mainly for deployment and can't run diagnostics.

Hopefully something in this rambling post will be vaguely useful for you ...

3. ConnYoungy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Not at all rambling and definitely helpful, thanks!

4. MiniGeek macrumors member

Apple emailed a link to something like that once when I was having trouble with my first iPhone 6. It would only work once, though, and they had the results. I was never able to run it again. When I had trouble with the second iPhone 6, I wasn't sent anything like that, so I don't know if that is still available.

5. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Not sure, but the diagnostic files are under privacy in the settings menu. Wouldn't worry about those too much though unless you're getting full memory dumps