Official reply from an O2 Sales Director

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Joe23, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Joe23 macrumors 6502

I sent an email to the CEO of O2 yesterday, Matthew Key, and received this reply from an O2 Sales Director a few minutes ago:

2. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

3. Joe23 thread starter macrumors 6502

4. ccuk macrumors regular

To be honest... their worst case scenario "assumptions" must have been way off the mark. It has been tipped for months to be one of the, if not "THE" hottest gadget of the year. Fancy sites aren't what the consumer wants, they want the iPhone.

And if they knowingly only obtained a small number of handsets in relation to the demand... why not publish this on the site, instead of allowing consumers to go on thinking they had a chance to pre-order?

Overall this has been quite a disgrace.

5. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

The story that O2 doesn't actually have that many to go around, has yet to make front page news, but it will soon.

O2 is basically saying - we have about 50-60 handsets a store (for the sake of argument).

Then a weekly stock update. Anyone revising the time they're going to be heading to an O2 store now? I'm certainly thinking about getting up earlier!

6. Joe23 thread starter macrumors 6502

After a second read through I picked up on that (the first time through I was reading the email on my phone walking back to the office from an O2 store!).

My local store isn't opening until 9am (due to being in a shopping centre), but I don't think demand will be that high... maybe... hopefully not :(

I'll be there from half 8, though.

7. Antj29 macrumors member

me too, i got that one. God i feel special knowing i was one of only 10000 people to get it

8. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Bear in mind that people who can spend the day trying, will go from store to store, and they'll be starting with the stores that open at 7:02 if there are any near. That's my plan - i'm hitting a local one prior to 7am, then if they sell out (unlikely) I camp out with breakfast at the local shopping centre, with my trainers all tied up and ready to go!

9. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

I will be phoning my local O2 stores on thursday to check when they are opening then i will be making a schedule with plans A, B and C!!!!

Plan A is to go to the main store in town, then plan B is the shopping centre and finally plan C is to try the small store on the high street (all this depending on opening times :D)

I would love to find somewhere a page on O2 or Apple's site that clearly states whether i can upgrade in store as if i cannot then the plan is pointless, If so then i want to print it as proof to any under-informed O2 staff!!!

10. ClassicMac247 macrumors 6502

ClassicMac247

Even though its a mass automatic email, it's still nice of them to make it sound personal