Official Retinapad-like app ?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by alexz", Nov 21, 2011.

1. alexz" macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

Having problems with my jb ipad2 and losing the HD my blobs were saved on... I was wondering if there is an app like RetinaPad available via 'official' means - App Store ?

If not, someone really should make an official one and become a millionaire :)

2. hizzaah macrumors 6502

If I was more interested in keeping my ipad (instead of realistically needing to return to pay for school bills), I would have been all over this. My biggest problem with the ipad 2 was that it didnt have retina support and that 2x mode made everything look like garbage

3. danielowenuk macrumors 6502

I very much doubt apple would allow a retinapad style app. The problem is it would reduce sales.

I, for example, have both an ipad and an iPhone, I am forced to buy HD apps for the ipad and different apps for the ipad. And official app would reduce the amount of times that people actually do this.

4. alexz" thread starter macrumors newbie

it should be made available by the developpers directly when their app is only in iphone format...

those pixels are so damn ugly when an app is not optimized.

i'm sure Steve didn't approve, its an obvious flaw.

5. Meanee macrumors 6502a

They want you to buy a higher priced HD versions, that's about it. And I am sure that was Steve-approved

6. alexz" thread starter macrumors newbie

true true :)

what i meant is that if an app is ipad compatible, it should only be available in its HD format.

having a nasty looking pixelated iphone version is alright but it just looks silly on a beautiful ipad ;)

7. KevinC867 macrumors 6502a

I think Apple also wants to keep the pressure on developers to produce nice, pretty iPad versions of their apps. If there was an "official" RetinaPad, a lot of developers might punt on the iPad version of apps.