Official Reviews?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by abdullahm18, Sep 17, 2015.

1. abdullahm18 macrumors member

When are the official reviews coming out? I really want to see how the 6S battery fairs given the decrease in size, and probably a better idea of how the Rose Gold looks.

2. journeyy macrumors regular

Last year the reviews were already online at this time. Does anyone know when the IPhone NDA ends this tlme? Maybe Apple wants the reviewers to spend enough time to really understand the 3D Touch abilities?

3. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Most likely on the day the phone is released. Regarding the color, there are some people who have already received their ordered rose gold accessories, so you could check out those threads.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Apple enforces an embargo on reviews until the release date. They send out the new phones early to some reviewers but they cannot publish their articles until the date that apple sets.

5. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

It will be a couple of days before the release date. Maybe Wednesday is when the embargo will be lifted and reviews will be posted.

6. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

Reviews were out at this time because the phone was releasing tomorrow last year. I'm guessing next week Wednesday or so.

7. journeyy macrumors regular

Okay, release was on 19.09 last year, this time 26. - i guess reviews will be online on 23.09. then

8. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

All reviews are Under Embargo, meaning if you release it you will never get another Early iPhone to Review the Reviews are done.

They can go something like this since no Voice Calling improvements were added.

#1. Its faster yada yada
    #2. 3D Force Touch Works Peek and Pop are revolutionary
    #3. Live Photos are creepy.

basically its a longer version of the press conference, what can they say reallly? Its just a better version of 9.9 out of 10 rated Phone over all its an improved version of last years best ever.

9. journeyy macrumors regular

I do think it's interesting to hear how the reviewers were able to include 3D Touch in their workflow, and how much impact the speed increase has in day to day use. Also i'm curious if the battery life is really unchanged

10. willmtaylor, Sep 17, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2015

willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

As others have said, different release, so different review embargo. I'm predicting next Tuesday or Wednesday.

Also, I like the longer timeframe because it gives reviewers more time to more thoroughly put the devices through their paces.

11. FrankySavvy macrumors 65816

I can't wait to hear about how the new camera is compared to the 6, Photography!

12. guychicago macrumors 6502

guychicago

Technically battery life on current devices should increase by an hour based on the statement ios9 gives you an extra hour.
    No specs have been updated to reflect this!
    Does that mean the new 6s has lower battery life that ios9 is compensating to add the extra hour (besides hardware efficiencies) to make it on par with iPhone 6?

13. wdowell macrumors member

wdowell

I think we can all guess how each of the known usual reviewers will be.

Some will be fawning over it as if they were on hallucinogenics, others will say it's a nice update. Somebody will come up with a bug which Apple has assured them will be fixed by the 25th (Moss?!), and some of those will still manage to write a text the length of War & Peace to complement their equally long ios 9 review!

14. wdowell macrumors member

wdowell

I completely agree with what youre saying - and would strongy suggest that if they had put ios 8 on the iPhone 6s it would have an hour less than the iPhone 6 did at that same point. Low Power Mode, along with perhaps some under-the-hood efficiencies, essentially shuts down functions of the phone, and helps it last the stated hours.

15. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

Yes interesting can you include 3D force Touch in your WorkFlow ? Maybe if it was an iPad and could multitask Peek and Pop. I'm gonna say limited Success to Peek and Pop on a user basis it will be ok. What 3D Force Touch is about is Marketing, Advertisers will Pay Apple tons to embed a short Rumble if your finger glides over their link or Ad.

Also battery life, while smaller batteries are never a good thing, Apple is no doubt using DDR4 RAM which uses less energy to offset the batteries size reduction

Problem is you now have a Spring,motor haptic system vibrating every 2 seconds when you touch on something Even within Games as they demonstrated, this constant vibration will, end up causing the 6s Line to have pretty bad battery life.

And as you can see, watch him open the Apps it does not look faster to me at all.

16. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

MKHBD & DetroitBorg

Only 2 reviewers worth a damn.

17. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

This is idiotic. Since when has Apple ever succumbed to or whored themselves out to advertisers? Their track record actually flies in the face of this assertion in every. single. instance.

Dumbest thing I've read all week.

18. aesc80 macrumors 6502

aesc80

What's the point of the reviews, anyway? Most of us will already be happy with what we have. I'm willing to give 10 to 1 odds*, Engadget and The Verge will call it "the best iPhone yet".

* poster will not honor 10 to 1 odds in real life

19. journeyy, Sep 17, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2015

journeyy macrumors regular

Rumble on ads, LOL.. I'm always amazed what people on the Internet actually believe :D

These are all your assumptions, but i'd like to hear from people who actually used these devices for a while. (And, no, they are not all "in Apple's pocket")