Official Silicon Case for iPad mini and Pro only?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by fenderbass146, Jan 5, 2016.

1. fenderbass146 macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

So I was in New York and visited the Grand Central Station Apple store and for the first time saw Apple now has silicon back cases for the iPad Pro and the Mini. Basically just a case for the back of the ipad with a cutout for the smart cover to attach. I got all excited because I have been wanting something like this for a while. I already have a smart cover and didn't feel like spending $80 to get the smart case. Figured I could save some money and get the protection I was looking for. After looking at the accesory shelf for 5 minutes I couldn't find one for the iPad Air 2....so I ask where they are and they say they don't make them...wtf Apple, why would you make them for your other iPads but not your mainstream model...doesn't make any sense.

2. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

The iPad Mini 4 & iPad Pro is Apple newest updated iPads.

And I would bet that since the introduction of the iPad Mini 4... Apple is selling more of it compared to the iPad Air 2. I think this year when the iPad Air 3 gets updated... Then there would be a iPad Air 3 back cover... Which would "only" be for the iPad Air 3.

3. fenderbass146 thread starter macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

Yea, I suppose that makes since...however you know that case only costs then a few cents to make and the R and D was already done. Why would they not create it. I'm sure I am reading to much into this but I'm sensing a spring release ipad air successor. If it was going to be a whole year before they release a new model I feel they would have released a case...it's just a but annoying.