Official Smash My iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by katrina222, May 4, 2008.

1. katrina222 macrumors newbie

The smash crew just performed the official iPhone Smash partnered with the Toronto Freedom Festival. They did it in front of a few thousand people, and while they were destroying it somebody threw their ipod on stage to be smashed as well lol.

I'm sure it's going to be a hilarious video.

http://www.cannabishub.com/smashmyiphone

2. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

its really annoying when people will destroy a $400+ instrument when people out there are starving, innocent animals are being put to death in shelters, and a family in YOUR TOWN can not pay for its heating oil... but they need to make a statement by smashing an iphone.. freaking give the money to someone who needs it for christ sake.. UGH i get so annoyed with people who destroy things for fun

3. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

It's funny when they do this on launch day in front of a line of people still waiting to buy it. But to do it now? Yawn...

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Get a life loser, noone cares.

5. katrina222 thread starter macrumors newbie

Seeing as it is like a week after the iphone is announced as coming to Canada there is good timing. And you like seeing the reactions of a dozen people? What about thousands?

6. chrisparr macrumors regular

err, okay I admit I haven't looked at a single bit of info behind their "cause", but if I wanted to draw public attention to excessive consumer spending when other people in the world have nothing (because let's admit it; $400 on a phone is excessive), it's the kind of 'statement' I would make. If I just gave the $400 to charity, who would know? What have I highlighted? Nothing.

If they are just there to annoy people who are standing in line for something that may run out of stock before it's that person's turn: Well they bought it, they can do with it as they please.

Whatever their cause is, no matter how good or bad, bright or stupid, funny or not funny, it's theirs to highlight however they want to. You know, freedom of speech.

If it really makes you that angry, you have the right to publicise your own "I hate people who smash expensive gadgets when other people have nothing" cause. I don't know how you would highlight such a cause, perhaps make a film selling all of your gadgets and giving the money to charity (show those gadgets real dollar value to a good cause). I'm sure you could make at least the local news doing that.

After all, at the end of the day pretty much every iPhone will eventually fail or be relegated to some junk collection when something better comes out. The result is the same; $400 was spent on a gadget when it could have been spent putting food on someone's table. One simply ended it's life on the day it was bought.

7. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

yeah Lindsay, you tell these retards..

why would somebody want to do this, when they have paid their hard-earned cash to buy one?? this is absolutely mad...

makes me want to throw up on these fools...

8. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

oh please its their money to do what they want....

wasteful yes but totally within their right

9. hierobryan macrumors 6502a

I clicked the link, then saw those dorky stoners...then I closed the window.