Official system requirements?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Dhelsdon, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

Has anyone seen or heard what the official system requirements are for Lion, aside from needing SL?

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

At this point I think it's safe to assume the same system requirements for the final release as for the GM build released to developers. The most important of these requirements are Core 2 Duo, Core iX series CPU or newer, 2GB RAM or more.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Probably not since apple has not officially released Lion yet.

4. madmonkeys macrumors member

System requirements

* x86-64 processor (Macs with an Intel Core 2 Duo, Intel Core i3, Intel Core i5, Intel Core i7, or Xeon processor.)
    * At least 2GB of memory
    * Latest version of Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.8), with the Mac App Store installed
    * At least 4GB of free disk space for downloading

5. akm3 macrumors 68020

I have an old 1.83 Core (1) Duo Mac Mini that I just decommissioned and plan to wipe. With it not supporting Lion, any suggestions what to do with it? It was running as a fileserver/iTunes server to AppleTV's and such.

6. Dhelsdon thread starter macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

The reason I asked was because I have a Macbook Core Duo, so you and I are somewhat in the same boat. I would continue using it as a server if you haven't replaced it.

7. stewacide macrumors regular

I've always put Linux on old Apple-deprecated Macs. All Apple products use DAAP for network streaming which is broadly supported on all platforms.