Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Following the success and popularity of the Apple TV+ original series Ted Lasso, official merchandise related to the series will go on sale next month, according to an interview with showrunner Bill Lawrence.

ted-lasso.jpg

As reported by 9to5Mac, Bill Lawrence, in an interview on the "Fake Doctors, Real Friends" podcast, says that official Ted Lasso merchandise will go on sale later this month, but notes that official kits for the show, such as Richmond jerseys, won't come out until September.
On the podcast ‘Fake Doctors, Real Friends’ Ted Lasso show-runner Bill Lawrence said that an official trailer for season two of the show is coming in about three weeks.

He also said that the first merch items (‘initial stuff’) will go on sale at the same time later this month. However, if you have been holding out to get your hand on a Richmond jersey, you’ll have to wait a bit longer. Lawrence said Premier League official name kits will come out in September, which will be in the middle of the season two run.
Ted Lasso has grown in popularity, winning and being nominated for multiple awards. The show has quickly become one of the most popular on Apple TV+. The second season of the show, which Apple CEO Tim Cook previewed during the company's April event, will premiere on July 23. You can watch the official trailer for the upcoming season on YouTube.

Article Link: Official Ted Lasso Merchandise Coming Later This Month Ahead of Season 2 Premiere

Last edited:
Reactions: infinitejest

Cheesehead Dave

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2020
Merch is a no-brainer. I already purchased a T-shirt with the Richmond crest from a shop on one of the T-shirt sites before it was removed for obvious reasons.
With all the positive buzz this show got and two more seasons ordered, I'm amazed that it's taken this long to get obvious merchandise like team apparel out there. I too went out and bought a "bootleg" shirt for a Christmas gift because that's all there was.

Comment

Chefclean

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2017
Ok, Apple, where's the Oprah merchandise? I want to wear my "Giant Oprah Wig, designed in California" or the "Oprah MuMu, with rear zipper" Don't let Lasso hog all those dripping threads.

Comment

Yammabot

macrumors regular
May 15, 2017
Northern NJ
I’ll admit I liked the first season but as with many shows it took so long for the second season I’ve forgotten the first and not sure I would bother with the second knowing the third season will be so far away if at all. Just forget about merchandise.

Comment

Duane Martin

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
I’ll admit I liked the first season but as with many shows it took so long for the second season I’ve forgotten the first and not sure I would bother with the second knowing the third season will be so far away if at all. Just forget about merchandise.
Did you hear about this thing called a pandemic? It was happening all over the world, interfering with people’s lives and plans, let’s not forget killing millions worldwide. Maybe cut film and television production a little slack for falling behind schedule.

• Disagree
Reactions: Yammabot
Comment

tobefirst

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
I have already seen the first season three times and may end up rewatching before the second comes out. It is definitely rewatchable.

Comment

SaxPlayer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2007
Dorset, England
Being a Brit, I was a bit worried before watching Ted Lasso expecting it would be made with "American Eyes" and just be bad jokes about British teeth (which aren't as bad as American's seem to think they are [yawn]) and other such mis-timed awful jokes. But... I absolutely loved it. It was laugh out loud funny. Obviously, there are some jokes that go over my head that will be specifically for a US audience, however much of the humour is just plain funny wherever you live.

I wish Southampton FC would get Ted Lasso in to help Ralph. After last season we could do with a bit of "believe" in the dressing room! 😂

Comment

cjboffoli97

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2005
Seattle, WA
Yeah. No, I don't need to walk around in legible clothing from a television show. Though if they wanted to sell boxes of Ted Lasso shortbread I'd be all in.

Reactions: Razorpit
Comment

anson42

Contributor
Mar 13, 2014
Oakland, CA
I'm a huge Premier League fan and an AFC Richmond shirt would go well with the other PL jerseys in my collection :) I really love the show and was very pleasantly surprised by the Premier League theme when it was released.

Comment

Deliro

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2011
Ted Lasso is an awesome show. One of the best on TV today IMO. It’s kind of silly that there’s merch for it but I guess it’s no different than buying a T-shirt for your favorite band.

I personally own 4 t shirts that have something to do with The Office, so it’s no surprise.

• Haha
Reactions: Razorpit and brendu
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.