Officially Carless!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 7on, Jul 14, 2008.

1. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Well got the call from State Farm today and my car is officially stolen and I'm claiming it. :( I've been driving around a rental for the past 30 days waiting for SF's policy to get into effect, and now it is. It was a nice little car, the one mentioned in this thread. But now it's gone. Luckily the claims adjuster quoted me enough to cover the rest of the principle on the car and the deductible for the claim with a bit left over.

It'll probably be a while until I get a new car, my gf is moving in with me and she already has one so we will one car it for a while. But it is nice to not have to worry about the gas prices and my car payments for a while. And it'll encourage me to bike more to work.

2. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

I'm glad you are looking at the silver lining considering the circumstance. Every time I saw that insurance commercial (State Farm?) about what it might feel like to lose a car this way I cringed.

Glad at least financially it won't break you.

3. 7on thread starter macrumors 601

7on

Yeah, people were pretty surprised that I haven't really been too upset about it. But really I have full coverage insurance and going without a car SF will let me put a suspension/hold on my policy so I won't have to reapply for insurance when I do get a car. Insurance is really nice if something ever does happen.

One thing's for sure, my next car will have an alarm :p