Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leehal

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 30, 2009
I have had my iPhone 3G unlocked by O2 and have changed to Orange, every thing seems fine apart from I don't seem to be able to obtain a 3g connection. I think I need to change my APN setting, when I look at the relevant menu I cannot see the option to change these.

Anyone else had this problem or can offer a solution?

Thanks in advance.

leehal

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 30, 2009
Call Orange CS and ask them to ping the settings over to your phone.

Check first that you have a 3G-capable SIM, as not all Orange SIMs are

Seems the Orange store gave me a non 3G compatible sim card. Orange CS were very cagey about this and told me to contact the store suggesting I may have been mis-sold the sim card.

Waiting for a call back from the store, best case I get a new sim, trouble is I am in the middle of having my PAC code changed to the new sim, not sure how I will get round that one.

Moi un Mouton

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2008
Bracknell UK
Seems the Orange store gave me a non 3G compatible sim card. Orange CS were very cagey about this and told me to contact the store suggesting I may have been mis-sold the sim card.

Waiting for a call back from the store, best case I get a new sim, trouble is I am in the middle of having my PAC code changed to the new sim, not sure how I will get round that one.

Once the number transfer is done to the current SIM, just get Orange to change it over to the new 3G SIM, they can do that easily

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.