Officially unlocked iPhone - APN settings

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by leehal, Jan 30, 2010.

1. leehal macrumors member

I have had my iPhone 3G unlocked by O2 and have changed to Orange, every thing seems fine apart from I don't seem to be able to obtain a 3g connection. I think I need to change my APN setting, when I look at the relevant menu I cannot see the option to change these.

Anyone else had this problem or can offer a solution?

Thanks in advance.

2. Insilin1i macrumors regular

Quick google search: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2283 but your phone has to be unlocked which I believe it is since your switching carriers.

Edit: and just noticed it said in the title whew

3. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

Call Orange CS and ask them to ping the settings over to your phone.

Check first that you have a 3G-capable SIM, as not all Orange SIMs are

4. leehal thread starter macrumors member

Seems the Orange store gave me a non 3G compatible sim card. Orange CS were very cagey about this and told me to contact the store suggesting I may have been mis-sold the sim card.

Waiting for a call back from the store, best case I get a new sim, trouble is I am in the middle of having my PAC code changed to the new sim, not sure how I will get round that one.

5. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

Once the number transfer is done to the current SIM, just get Orange to change it over to the new 3G SIM, they can do that easily