Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

toneLA2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 28, 2014
Beverly Hills, CA
Hi all,

I have a question pertaining to Apple Music's offline mode.

I don't get why when I select 'make available offline' certain songs show a little iPhone in a triangle in the corner of either the album art (if I save an entire playlist for offline use) or the song's title line whilst some others don't, even though they too are available offline.

It's extremely confusing because I have to manually put my phone in airplane mode to see whether or not the local download happened properly since I can't rely on the icon itself.

I have a photo that pretty much shows what I am dealing with. Below is an entire playlist that's available offline — look on the right side, some songs have the symbol I'm referring to and some others don't. Yet I can listen to all songs when it's offline. Anyone else dealing with this non-sense?

image.jpg

Peepo

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2009
Hi all,

I have a question pertaining to Apple Music's offline mode.

I don't get why when I select 'make available offline' certain songs show a little iPhone in a triangle in the corner of either the album art (if I save an entire playlist for offline use) or the song's title line whilst some others don't, even though they too are available offline.

It's extremely confusing because I have to manually put my phone in airplane mode to see whether or not the local download happened properly since I can't rely on the icon itself.

I have a photo that pretty much shows what I am dealing with. Below is an entire playlist that's available offline — look on the right side, some songs have the symbol I'm referring to and some others don't. Yet I can listen to all songs when it's offline. Anyone else dealing with this non-sense?

View attachment 565796
I agree the indicators are bad and inconsistent. A tip:

In My Music tap the area near top of list (eg Artists, Albums, Songs ) and it opens up a window and near bottom you can quickly toggle Show Music Available Offline. No need for airplane mode.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.