Offline Mode Issue?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by toneLA2, Jul 2, 2015.

1. toneLA2 macrumors member

Hi all,

I have a question pertaining to Apple Music's offline mode.

I don't get why when I select 'make available offline' certain songs show a little iPhone in a triangle in the corner of either the album art (if I save an entire playlist for offline use) or the song's title line whilst some others don't, even though they too are available offline.

It's extremely confusing because I have to manually put my phone in airplane mode to see whether or not the local download happened properly since I can't rely on the icon itself.

I have a photo that pretty much shows what I am dealing with. Below is an entire playlist that's available offline — look on the right side, some songs have the symbol I'm referring to and some others don't. Yet I can listen to all songs when it's offline. Anyone else dealing with this non-sense?

image.jpg

2. Peepo macrumors 6502a

I agree the indicators are bad and inconsistent. A tip:

In My Music tap the area near top of list (eg Artists, Albums, Songs ) and it opens up a window and near bottom you can quickly toggle Show Music Available Offline. No need for airplane mode.