Offline music can only be seen in "songs" view on music app

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by jeff123816, Aug 19, 2015.

1. jeff123816 macrumors member

I'm a bit new to iOS and so this may be a known issue but yesterday, I used iTunes to sync my music to my iPhone 6+ for the first time. I'm updated to the latest version of iOS. I have about 50 albums, maybe 500 songs. When I launch the music app, I am able to see all the individual songs as I scroll through the "songs" filter, however, When I bring up any of the other filters (albums, artists, genres, etc.) I only get five or six random albums/artists/genres results. The vast majority of my songs only show up in the "songs" view, meaning that I have to scroll through 500+ song titles to locate a song from an album that I want to hear. This is definitely not a tagging problem because when I play an individual song from the song list, it is associated with its album and I can actually access the entire album once the song is playing. I also verified that the correct tagging is present in iTunes. But browsing through my list of albums or artists on the phone only gets me a few results. I turned Apple Music off in the iOS preferences and have never established an iCloud music library, so I don't think this has anything to do with the cloud-based issues. Is there something that I can do to get the offline library to function correctly in iOS?

Thanks!

2. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

my albums are under compilation but that is because I've all my music in unique by year albums manually created. I used to have an issue with not being able to look by artist but that was down to a setting in music settings!

3. jeff123816 thread starter macrumors member

Well, in my case it was definitely a bug because I didn't have any unique tagging issues going on. I decided to remove all the music and then re-synced it in iTunes. Now all the music is showing up correctly. Weird...

4. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

Very odd! Glad it's working as it should now!